Radiohead: The King of Limbs, Continued

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW - if I annoy you greatly, it's probably a good time to take a break from the board. I am officially done with all of my cases in Michigan and don't move until the end of March. I'm going to be here quite a bit.

Ok, now I'm thinking that Pitchfork will gauge the less-than-ecstatic reaction on the internet, and try to appear smarter by overrating it even more.

So maybe I should change my guess to 9.4

Also, this thread title is The King Of Limp.

I'm guessing Pitchfork will give it a score in the 8.5-9.0 range. High enough to give it "Best New Music", but not so high that it looks like they're overrating it.

Eh, who am I kidding, they'll give it a perfect 10 because Radiohead.

This one ranks pretty low in my book.

Bloom probably the weakest opener in a long while.

I love Little by Little, Codex, Give Up the Ghost.

I like MMM.

The rest I probably won't go listening to anytime soon.

Some of the sound "gimmicks" are getting tiresome.

Thom's dance was choreographed

163079104_098793cc81.jpg

Someone posted a pic in the last thread of tree with three bulbs hanging from it with the first of those bulbs being lit up. I believe they said it was someone officially released by RH. Does anyone one know what that was about?

I'm here and I'm ecstatic that you'll be hear harassing people with regularity.

No one knows what the bulbs are for, from what I've gathered. Everyone thought it meant more releases. It could just be for the vinyl and CD releases of this album. It could be Thom fucking with our heads so that he can laugh funny. Who knows.

Could also be just one of 600+ small random pieces of artwork or whateverthehell is coming with the release of this thing.

Another couple of reviews are up. Don't know if these have been posted yet:

Album Review: Radiohead – The King of Limbs � Consequence of Sound

Have you ever seen David Lynch’s Twin Peaks? It didn’t last long – only two seasons, unfortunately – but it’s retained quite an immaculate cult following…and understandably so. There’s just something oddly jarring and startling inviting about the quaint mountain town that experiences incredibly abnormal instances. There’s the everyman Sheriff, the dopey Deputy, the country slang, the damn good coffee, the lush Pacific Northwest landscapes, and then there’s the death of the town princess by what may or may not be extraterrestrial or supernatural forces — if not both. It all looks normal at first sight, but behind every tree and within every mirror dwell incomprehensible beings, all with the agenda to distort reality. As the show progresses, the more natural and human elements that once acted as common ground start feeling rather loose and slippery. Characters change face, confusion runs rampant, bodies start piling up, and everything takes on this rather cryptic nature. Sound familiar?

Film critics love to throw around the word “Lynchian” to describe genre films that borrow a few of those elements. These pieces shift dramatically in tone, and rather abruptly so, too. There’s this dreamlike quality to them that baits its audience and it’s been programmed that way. There’s a specific reasoning for every image, every sound, and every action. Or, is there? That’s the game. Not to throw around labels too much, but Thom Yorke’s style tends to be very Lynchian.

Are you kidding me?

128933676991396916.jpg

Pitchfork's founder was on local public radio earlier - says their review will be coming by the end of this week, and personally speaking, his favorites were Codex and Give Up the Ghost, but otherwise didn't give any clue as to what their review will be...

Guys, that's actually a really good review. Don't blame Consequence of Sound if they're writing above your sophomore reading level :|

edit:
and just so we're all clear - i'm being facetious

Sleiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight of haaaaaand
Jump off the end
Into a clear lake
No one around

Just draaaaaaaaaaaaaagonfliiiiiiies
Fantasize
No one gets hurt
You've done nothing wrong

Guys, that's actually a really good review. Don't blame Consequence of Sound if they're writing above your sophomore reading level :|

Yes, our reading level is the issue not the completely irrelevant and arbitrary imagery that takes up over a quarter of the review while adding very little to the understanding of the band or a good description of the album.

Pitchfork's founder was on local public radio earlier - says their review will be coming by the end of this week, and personally speaking, his favorites were Codex and Give Up the Ghost, but otherwise didn't give any clue as to what their review will be...

He and his droogs are really slacking on this one

Actually, once he gets past the David Lynch bullshit I think it's pretty spot-on. His biggest issues are with Feral and Magpie (easily the two weakest tracks) and he also praises it in the right places, with the exception of seeming a little cool on Lotus Flower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom