Radiohead: The King of Limbs, Continued

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oddly enough, I actually just got done listening to Amnesiac myself and had the same reaction.

16ryxh.gif

I'm also unable to believe that anyone who says they hate These are My Twisted words has actually listened to it, and didn't just illegally download the wrong song.

I'm being a little contrarian; maintaining my friggin' image and all. But I did listen to it today too and my opinion hasn't changed. One of the more inaccessible records I've ever heard.

Sons, I'm just biased since it was my first Radiohead album. And after this morning's listen, probably my favorite at the moment. So I'm quick to defend it.

On to a different topic, here are some b-sides and rarities I like a great deal and wish were mentioned more:

I Want None of This
Lull
Maquiladora
Meeting In The Aisle

Plus Kid A version has a great riff that lasts about 6 seconds after "round and round and round"
YES. LM calling it 'sunlight' is dead on. Whenever I hear this I think of someone throwing open curtains and a massive amount of sunlight pouring into a darkened room. #pretentious

On a personal note, it's that moment in the song where it all clicked for me, and I 'got' Kid A (after about the 15th listen). It's a tired cliche of the "difficult" album, but I do love the fact that I was so indifferent to Kid A for the longest time but then came around to loving it. Most rewarding album of theirs I'd say.

I didn't find Kid A difficult at all, weirdly. Didn't love it at first, but Optimistic, Idioteque and How to Disappear kept me coming back, and now I love the whole goddam thing. Kid A and In Limbo would have to be two of their most underrated tracks.

OKC was a tough nut to crack, for me. Took me months to warm up to it.

u2popmofo said:
On to a different topic, here are some b-sides and rarities I like a great deal and wish were mentioned more:

I Want None of This
Lull
Maquiladora
Meeting In The Aisle

How good is Gagging Order!

On a personal note, it's that moment in the song where it all clicked for me, and I 'got' Kid A (after about the 15th listen). It's a tired cliche of the "difficult" album, but I do love the fact that I was so indifferent to Kid A for the longest time but then came around to loving it. Most rewarding album of theirs I'd say.

I have a similar relationship with Kid A. It was the album - Idioteque, in particular - that opened my eyes to a great deal of obscure and eccentric music, that convinced me that there was more out there than just what Rolling Stone happened to recommend. And that is what a truly great album should do - promote its influences without aping them.

The moment you guys have been mentioning in The Morning Bell is particularly awesome in the live versions of the song.

Meeting In The Aisle, love it. Would love to hear it used in a movie or a TV series or something.

I don't know why, but the instrumentation of Bloom reminds me of Meeting In The Aisle for some reason.. Not a bad thing at all, there's something calming in the mood of the music of both songs I think. It's a side to Radiohead I'm pretty fond of.

The moment you guys have been mentioning in The Morning Bell is particularly awesome in the live versions of the song.
What I like most about that part is that it only last for a few seconds and then Thom starts singing again in his most whiny voice.

YES. LM calling it 'sunlight' is dead on. Whenever I hear this I think of someone throwing open curtains and a massive amount of sunlight pouring into a darkened room. #pretentious

Yes, this happened for me exactly, at probably the same listen. I don't know why I persisted with it, but I'm glad I did. Like iYup, it introduced me so much other music. I probably became a hipster on the real at that point.

Listen, fuck this:

Someone take some time and PM me a list of every Radiohead B-side or rare track I need to obtain. I'd like to obtain these via legal means, of course, because I don't want to be hunted down by Mofo.....so, thanks in advance to whoever does this shit for me.....

They released some deluxe editions of the albums a year or so ago (everything up to Hail to the Thief). Those each came with bonus discs of b-sides and other material. You could get most that way. The physical versions also came with DVD's, if you'd rather do that instead of digitally.

Other than what you'd find on there:

In Rainbows bonus disc - Not sure if this is obtainable legally on their website or not
These are My Twisted Words
I Want None of This
Supercollider / The Butcher single (you may already have this is you downloaded the album when it first came out, as you can download it legally from the same link now)

There are other rarities, but they're mostly all from live shows and what not, so no need to worry about illegal acquisition in that case.

If you don't want to have to buy each and every song of rarities they've done, I can still send a list.

I'm just worried I'll end up including way too much, I'm a bigger Radiohead fanboy than I might let on.

Anyways, I'll work on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom