Radiohead: The King of Limbs, Continued

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't even know Supercollider/The Butcher was released today, and yet here it is spinning on my turntable. Pretty solid for my weekly Tuesday night purchase. Although judging by the amount they had, it's not quite as exclusive as the UK version.

See, I forgot about ordering it and everything. Totally slipped my mind. However many there are, I'm glad to have one. It sounds magnificent.

For better or worse, the non-album tracks are starting to making me really reevaluate how I felt and feel about the actual LP. "Staircase" is just another arrow in that quiver. A case could be made for all three being better than anything on the album. That being said, tracks 5-8 still make up for a great stretch and have held up very well to repeat listenings.

For better or worse, the non-album tracks are starting to making me really reevaluate how I felt and feel about the actual LP. "Staircase" is just another arrow in that quiver. A case could be made for all three being better than anything on the album. That being said, tracks 5-8 still make up for a great stretch and have held up very well to repeat listenings.

Add in These are My Twisted Words, and you have 4 songs better than anything on the album.

Here's the direct link for the lazy:

YouTube - Radiohead - Staircase (live From the Basement)

? There's a link to Atease that links to Youtube. I posted the direct link to Youtube.

Apparently this is a song previously labeled as 'CNTRL'

If you say so. Nothing is there. I wouldn't have posted it if there was.

Anyways.

A case could be made for all three being better than anything on the album.

Separator is still my favourite of all the new songs, but top 5 would definitely have Supercollider and The Butcher in there, while Staircase - from first listening alone - is for sure a contender.

Love the song. And Thom's look has been updated from Civil War to Civil War chic.

The top rated Youtube comment on the video right now is: "What shampoo does Thom use?"

u2popmofo said:
Add in These are My Twisted Words, and you have 4 songs better than anything on the album.

That one slipped my mind, but yeah. I think you might be on to something. All four are certainly better than the first four tracks on the album, and that's coming from a "Feral" apologist. "Magpie" never did much for me and "Little by Little" is fairly rote. "Bloom" is good, but not better than any of those four.

I must've listened to my Supercollider/Butcher single 20 times over the last week.

cobl04 said:
Niels posted it originally I'm not crazy I swear
I did but I deleted it because the link was already posted.

I strongly disagree that these b-sides or whatever you call them are better than the album tracks. Little By Little, Codex and Give Up the Ghost are better thany if these tracks. Supercollider just plain sucks.

Staircase is really good audio quality for YouTube. I was almost late for work this morning ripping and editing into an MP3 for the commute.

I have to agree that all of these non-album tracks really add to the KOL "era," though I still think the album itself is pretty decent.

I like that they keep surprising their fanbase with these new releases; not the same old business model of releasing a single with an album track, a b-side, and a couple of live takes.

I think U2 could really generate some buzz with this type of release. People would go nuts if they posted a live-in-studio video of Every Breaking Wave completely out of the blue.

We'd go nuts at least. I don't think your average U2 fan would ever hear of it. When I can go to a U2 show and watch people around me sit down for about 30 to 40% of the songs with a "I have no idea what this is" look on their faces, I sorta realized why the band does what they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom