Radiohead: The King of Limbs, Continued

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'know, if you ordered the digital download previously of TKOL, you can log back into Order Tracking on the TKOL website and download official The Butcher/Supercollider files for free, in the format you got the album in (wav or mp3 - although the mp3 is only 128 kbps).

The King of Limbs : Where are you?

Y'know, if you ordered the digital download previously of TKOL, you can log back into Order Tracking on the TKOL website and download official The Butcher/Supercollider files for free...[/url]

Awesome. Thanks for the tip. Did you get an email about this or something because I did not. I'm glad that I originally ordered in WAV format.

SO...

Does this mean these tracks are part of the album or not. :hmm::wink:

this is the email i got

Thank you - Merci - Gracias - Grazie - Dankeschön - Obrigado - Gui lah hui te ha - Ashoge - Shukran - Tsikomo - M goi - Tak - Dank u - Vinaka - Aabhar - Köszönöm - Go raibh maith agaibh - Arigato - Tashakkur - Dziekuje - Gestena - Hvala - Tack - Tesekkür ederim - Spasibo - Dêkuji - Sas efharisto ......

Right, that's most of you covered, apologies to those we've missed out ... ok, so here are two tracks for your listening pleasure:
Supercollider and The Butcher. We released these as a limited edition 2 track 12inch vinyl to mark Independent Record Store Day last Saturday, April 16 ... so in case you missed out and didn't get a copy here they are.
It's a thank you for being SO supportive of what we do ...

p.s. This is not part of a new loyalty points scheme, a Radiohead clubcard or even an air miles redeemable reward type thing...
It is just a big old-fashioned thank you!

Hope your Spring/Autumn is good.

Ed, Colin, Jonny, Philip & Thom
x

FYI... 'The Butcher' was recorded and mixed during 'The King of Limbs' sessions, but we couldn't make it work on the album; 'Supercollider' was started during those sessions and finished off in March of this year.

thanks a lot for the heads up, didnt know about the free download at all. not quite the same as having that 12" (though it doesn't sound half as good at home as it did on my friend's dad's hi-fi that we played it on saturday night) but still great to have the WAVs :drool:

not at all, set me back £8 - the shop said it would be £10 in the run up to the day and a saving is a saving :wink:

Less than I expected. If that's the price, I might go for one in June after all since I do really love both of these tunes. Thanks a lot.

Thanks for the tip popartist. In the meantime I've listened to both on youtube, and The Butcher is by far the better of the two. In fact Supercollider is not very good if you ask me, particularly compared to the piano live version they were playing a few years back.

YouTube - Radiohead - Supercollider (Live High Quality)

WOW, I really like this!

I have to say it bothers me a little that songs like this, Spinning Plates, Videotape, etc have so much life to them live but then they seem to lose it when they go into the studio...

JMHO

WOW, I really like this!

I have to say it bothers me a little that songs like this, Spinning Plates, Videotape, etc have so much life to them live but then they seem to lose it when they go into the studio...

JMHO

They rearranged Spinning Plates live, after the studio version had been made (which is actually I Will in reverse), not the other way around. Unlike Videotape, 4 Minute Warning, Supercollider or Go Slowly.

But I love the studio version of Like Spinning Plates as well, one of my favourite songs on Amnesiac. The live version is out of this world though.

I like both Spinning Plates versions. The Amnesiac version is dark and unsettling, while the Live version is breathtakingly gorgeous. Both versions really take you somewhere.

I am also a fan of both takes on "Like Spinning Plates." I love the shit out of this studio version of "Supercollider," too, but I don't think I've ever heard the live version. I usually avoid that stuff, because I let the live versions way too heavily influence me, when the studio versions come out. Gots to check it out.

So I just received this email from W.A.S.T.E.:

Hello,

As you've purchased the digital version of The King Of Limbs we thought you might like to know that you can now upgrade to the physical Newspaper version - yours for only £24.00 / €28.00 / $39.00.

If you'd like to purchase the Newspaper album please login to ORDER TRACKING and click the 'PRE-ORDER' button at the bottom of your current order details.

Do we have any idea yet what exactly is in the newspaper edition? I really don't care about getting the vinyl, so unless there are going to be some previously unreleased tunes in this package I'm going to pass.

All the details are on the site, aren't they? I thought hey told everything in it right off the bat. I don't remember. :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom