Radiohead: The King of Limbs, Continued

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Big thank you to u2popmofo for sending me quite the voluminous list of tunes to get a hold of. I bought the bulk of them today, so, it's almost like having 2 new Radiohead albums to listen to tomorrow at work. Very excited.

Thanks!

it's almost like having 2 new Radiohead albums to listen to tomorrow at work.

I took a look at the list after I finished and realized there were a ridiculous amount of songs on there, haha. I guess it speaks pretty well of the quality of their b-sides, as I don't know if I'd actually recommend that many b-side / obscurities for any of my other favorite bands. Anyways, hope it's not overwhelming and you don't hate all of them!

Could you send it to me too please, u2mofopop?

Build up is less boring than You and Whose Army? Doesn't really remind me of it at all, apart from the quiet half/loud half thing.

I took a look at the list after I finished and realized there were a ridiculous amount of songs on there, haha. I guess it speaks pretty well of the quality of their b-sides, as I don't know if I'd actually recommend that many b-side / obscurities for any of my other favorite bands. Anyways, hope it's not overwhelming and you don't hate all of them!

Like I said, I love the band so I'll like the majority of the tunes, I'm sure....

Thanks again, and, thanks to GAF as well for nothing.

May I have the list too, please, to see if I'm missing important things.

His name is Clive Deamer. He played drums on a bunch of the tracks on Portishead's Dummy. Among other things.

Man, that song is so great live judging by that performance. Going back to the LP is gonna be sort of like going from prime rib to, I don't know, weird brother of prime rib.

It actually doesn't make me wonder at all. The latter are lazy and don't give a shit anymore. Case closed.

Makes me wonder... if Radiohead can perform songs like that, and others like Kid A, how come U2 can't pull out Acrobat or Fez...

It actually doesn't make me wonder at all. The latter are lazy and don't give a shit anymore. Case closed.

Cockrobat and Cock--Being Engorged aren't any more challenging to play than Cockropa, which is being replicated quite faithfully.

So while you're both not wrong, you're only half-right.

Sent. I would have just posted it here, but I assumed it would turn into a "I can't believe you included this, but not this" type situation. Friggin' Radiohead fans.

Smart move. I woulda been all over you for not including Phillipa Chicken. :D

But thanks. I already see several things that I used to have and lost in the Great Computer Crash of 2009, and forgot all about them.

I mostly stuck with official b-sides, as there's very little on the side of "unreleased songs that have been performed live" I like as much as I notice others saying they do. I listen to songs like Big Boots and see people say things like, "This is my favorite Radiohead song!", and wonder if my ears somehow don't pickup frequencies of sound used in the song, as I can't comprehend anyone liking it that much. :wink:

There were still a number of official b-sides I left off as well, mostly because they're songs I don't particularly love, and also never really see anyone else mention either.

I generally agree. But I do actually love Phillipa Chicken although it's nearly unrecognizable to me as Radiohead. It popped up on a shuffle one day a few years ago and I had no idea who it was. I kept trying to guess before I finally checked to see who it was.

There were still a number of official b-sides I left off as well, mostly because they're songs I don't particularly love, and also never really see anyone else mention either.

If "A Reminder" is one of those, the chainsaw revs for thee.

It's on the list of songs I recommended to NSW, not on the list of songs not included.

Fleet Foxes show on Friday, Radiohead broadcast Saturday. That will be a nice weekend for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom