Radiohead: The King of Limbs, Continued

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'm curious to hear how these songs will translate into a live setting. Thom's solo versions of Lotus Flower and Separator sounded great, though.

Great news. I'm curious how some of songs, like Bloom and Feral, will sound live but if you look at what Radiohead does with their songs live it's probably going to be good.

This album works much better with The Butcher and Supercollider included. Bloom into Morning Mr.Magpie never worked for me, but when you put The Butcher between them, it works much, much better. It still doesn't prevent Magpie from being a shitty song, but nevertheless, it's an improvement. Separator and Supercollider make for a killer combination as well.

That's why I really hope those two tracks are also included in these new live sessions. And somehow I feel (or hope) that this album will be much better live.

Somebody better record the damn thing so I can burn a copy. I'll be in Texas on that day, in the middle of fucking nowhere.

I'll be in Nashvegas but for good reason.:sexywink:

Every time I think I'm going to cancel TV (because I basically hate it except for a couple of HBO shows, and because I hate Comcast so much it's bad for my health), something like this happens and I say "just one more month"...

Have any real people (read: Americans) received their newspaper album yet? I'm hoping mine gets here next week.

Pitchfork: Flying Lotus to Remix Radiohead?

Radiohead frontman Thom Yorke and free-spirited Los Angeles bass music star Flying Lotus have something of a mutual appreciation society going. Yorke appeared on a track on FlyLo's Cosmogramma album, and he has showed up twice to DJ alongside FlyLo at L.A.'s Low End Theory club night. Flying Lotus remixed Radiohead's "Reckoner". And now the Radiohead fan site Radiohead at Ease points out that Flying Lotus said in an interview with the Colorado Springs Independent that he's toying around with a remix of "the new Radiohead record."

FlyLo said, "They wanted me to remix the new Radiohead record, and I've been trying to mess with that a little bit. But I haven't gotten to it yet." When asked how that remix might sound, FlyLo responded, "It's too early to say, man. I have no fucking clue. It's difficult to work with, because the pieces that they gave me, there's no real a cappella. It's like piano and voice at the same time... So I have to come up with some shit that's a little similar to the record, I guess, to an extent."

Radiohead at Ease speculates that FlyLo could be remixing The King of Limbs in its entirety, but that has not been confirmed.

Have any real people (read: Americans) received their newspaper album yet? I'm hoping mine gets here next week.
I haven't. The official site says to check the "I haven't received my order yet" section after June 2nd if you still haven't gotten your order by then.

Interesting...didn't a lot of people mention a FlyLo influence on the album in the first place? Could be very cool indeed. :hmm:

Bloom could easily have been on Cosmogramma and would have fit perfectly, if you ask me.

Yes, definitely. Lotus Flower also owes something to Cosmogramma, which was undoubtedly an influence on KoL. I personally would love to hear a Flying Lotus remix of the album.

I can't not hear Flying Lotus in Bloom. It's impossible. It's that repetitive buzz in the background and the bass line. They're so FlyLo.

I couldn't give 2 shits or a fuck about a fully remixed album. I'd rather listen to something new or the album itself in its original form, since I really like it. Then again, remixes make little to no sense to me in the first place, with just a few exceptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom