Radiohead: The King of Limbs, Continued

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've had a chance to listen to a few of the 24-bit tracks. They are noticeably more open and spacious, a definite improvement over the CD-quality WAV files.

Unfortunately, my USB DAC doesn't seem to be able to handle 24-bit, so I'm having to use VLC to play them back and I'm just using the DAC as an analog headphone amp. I suspect the difference would be even greater with a dedicated DAC that can handle 24-bit.

I think that my receiver can handle 24-bit PCM, but moving the computer to the receiver or vice-versa is too big of a PITA. I wonder if I can figure out how to burn a DVD-A with these files?

And, yes, I realize there are a hell of a lot of acronyms in this post.

No. The second version of Morning Bell is superior as a stand-alone song. I like the contrast between the paranoid version on Kid A, and the follow-up, which sounds like some kind of celestial, liberating release. It's a beautiful track.

:shrug: it is nice, but i hate his voice in the second one for some reason

I've totally geeked out on these 24-bit files. I found a link through Linn Records for an app called Max that will convert 24-bit FLAC to 24-bit Apple Lossless. So I now have a high-res lossless version of TKOL that will play in iTunes.

I still have to find a way to get the bitstream to my receiver without downsampling it. I have an Airport Express but I'm not sure it will pass through a 24-bit stream.

It's already a dead format but my DVD player will play DVD-A(udio). They decided several years ago that DVD stands for Digital Versatile Disc, because, you know, it does so much more than video.

Does anyone know whether the two Record Store Day songs are going to be released digitally?

Does anyone know whether the two Record Store Day songs are going to be released digitally?

I'm hoping for the same. No announcements yet though, unfortunately.

It's so weird to me to see bands release things in a way that essentially forces people who'd pay for them to have to steal them, as there's no other way to acquire the songs. I still have never heard Thom Yorke's song from that Twilight movie, as you can't buy the damn song individually anywhere.

It's already a dead format but my DVD player will play DVD-A(udio). They decided several years ago that DVD stands for Digital Versatile Disc, because, you know, it does so much more than video.

Google DVDA and let us know what you find

I was going to post a picture of that girl who wore the DVDA shirt on South Park, and realized it's probably best I didn't do an image search for that at work.

there's a background noise in Morning Mr Magpie, it begins at about 1:35 and lasts for 15-20 seconds, and it reminds me exactly of the background music at the start of United Colours of Plutonium.

anyone else?

It's so weird to me to see bands release things in a way that essentially forces people who'd pay for them to have to steal them, as there's no other way to acquire the songs.

Radiohead stated repeatedly that they don't mind if people download their stuff.

Annoying fact, I have the same pitch and octave as one Mr Yorke...

No doubt caused by spending way too much time shaping my vocal chords singing every song over and over again for many hours during my teenage years...

Why cant I sing Kings of Leon instead? :reject:

They've done - not sure when it's getting aired - another From the Basement gig, as they did for In Rainbows, playing all of King of Limbs. I've seen some of the supporting materials, relating to the licensing/sale of the show internationally, and one of its main selling points is that 'this is it', Radiohead are not touring this year, this will be the only performance of this stuff.

I must have missed that, too. When was that announced? I'd LOVE to see a From The Basement-style performance of King of Limbs.

You got a link or something?

An April Fool's joke? Or do you actually have some sort of insider information that nobody else is privy to?

One of those two options is a thoroughly boring cliche, and the other would actually be cool, so I hope, for your sake, it's the latter.

...oh...I see. Thanks.

Nobody else cares about these claims of no touring and a From The Basement-esque live performance?

What the fuck is going on?

I would love to see a Basement performance, but the crowd at the Radiohead show that I saw was so abjectly dreadful that it ended any desire I had to see them again, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom