Radiohead: The King of Limbs, Continued

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like it, but it'd probably only be placed above Pablo Honey if I was to make some sort of stupid ranking.

Pablo, sure, but this album is also more my speed than Teh Bendz, if you can believe it.

Just looked over the PDF of the newspaper. It's kind of cool, but nothing I'll be bummed over for not having a physical copy. At this point, I'm just ready for the LP to get here in May.

No lyrics means I won't be buying a physical copy, I don't love it enough.

Above PHoney & Amnesiac for me.

Just realised I've contradicted myself because I own CDs of both those albums.

I like it better than Pablo Honey, and while I wouldn't say overall that it's better than Kid A, there are more songs I like a lot on it. Five, compared to only a few on ZOMG MASTURPEECE.

Kid A is certainly more consistent though, and its experimental tracks aren't as rote as Feral, Magpie, and Little By Little--which are Modern Radiohead on autopilot as far as I'm concerned.

Has potential to dethrone Pablo Honey as my least favourite.
Though I would have to listen to both of them again to be certain.
And I have no desire to do that.

My least favourite after Pablo Honey as well.

It's just... underwhelming. Lacking any momentum. Lotus Flower seriously annoys me, couple of other songs do nothing for me, although I love Separator. They're still sticking to their routine to make the best possible album closer.

Hey, a 12" on Record Store Day with two new songs. Does this count as the mysterious second album everyone was so sure was coming?

Just looked over the PDF of the newspaper. It's kind of cool, but nothing I'll be bummed over for not having a physical copy.

Agreed.

Hey, a 12" on Record Store Day with two new songs. Does this count as the mysterious second album everyone was so sure was coming?

Hopefully the songs get some sort of digital release as well. At least I have something to make me want to go to Record Store Day now.

Glad that the consensus seems to be largely positive. Hell yeah.

:huh:

After repeated listenings, I find that I really like a few tunes, (tracks 3 and 7 still), and I can take or leave the rest, mostly taking depending on the kind if day I've had. It's not a record that makes me instantly feel better, like many of 'Head's records.

As for the album... middle of the road.

Haven't listened to it for ages. Don't really have a desire to.

I like it, but it'd probably only be placed above Pablo Honey if I was to make some sort of stupid ranking.

Has potential to dethrone Pablo Honey as my least favourite.

My least favourite after Pablo Honey as well.

It's just... underwhelming. Lacking any momentum. Lotus Flower seriously annoys me, couple of other songs do nothing for me, although I love Separator. They're still sticking to their routine to make the best possible album closer.

LOL. And I didn't even have to quote myself.

If it's any consolation, I still like it, and wouldn't be surprised if it ends up in my top 20. I just don't like it nearly as much as most of the rest of their albums.

Anyways, all this talk has made me want to listen to it again (which I haven't done in a while).

I can't even rank them with much credibility, at this point. I enjoy Kid A and OK Computer the most, and then like all the non-Pablo Honey records pretty much equally (ie, a lot). Good problem to have.

Yeah I've always felt they went hand in hand; I always describe SFA to people as "Radiohead with a sense of humor, and a little Brian Wilson thrown in."

King of Limbs is becoming one of my very favorites of theirs, though like Shouter says, they're all pretty much on a similar level.

Makes sense considering how popular they are in the UK vs. the US.

Oh, wait.

Excited for Supercollider! Love that piano melody. Sounds unusually uplifting for Radiohead. And I hope The Butcher lives up to its name. :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom