Radiohead: The King of Limbs, Continued

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I don't have the urge to listen to this album every day as I did for the first week or so.

Not a good sign, with this band.

Yeah. It's been close to a month now, and if I could somehow go back and check how often I listened to In Rainbows in the first month after it was released, it would absolutely destroy King of Limbs.

I think King of Limbs is damn good, don't get me wrong. It's my #1 album of 2011 so far, but it just isn't as listenable or enjoyable as something like In Rainbows. At least for me. It might be unfair to compare the two albums, because they're so different and they're trying to achieve different things and project different moods. But, yeah. King of Limbs hasn't had quite as much of an impact on me as many of the band's other albums have.

Today I noticed my favorite album of the year (Cape Dory) clocks in at 29 minutes, further rendering TKOL's runtime a nonissue for me.

I wonder how many hipsters saw the Pitchfork headline containing the word "burial" along with "Thom Yorke" and had mini-heart attacks.

Any "real" hipster would have known for years who Burial is, so none. Casual music fans who think they're hipsters on the other hand....

Yeah, I haven't listened to this album in weeks.

Probably not many.

News of one's death typically comes before news of one's burial.
Leave it to Thom Yorke to shake things up.
His funeral is in a week, but you can preorder tickets now. Oh, and the funeral will be a day early for no real reason.

Supposedly his last words are leading many to believe he's going to come back to life in a couple months, and this is backed up by cryptic messages on his website.

Yairs well, I think I've given this thing a lot of time over the weeks since it appeared, and while it is decent, I can't say I'm that keen. It doesn't get an honourary no.1-of-the-year just because it's Radiohead. It is decent, no more than that.

My main complaint would be that the lyrics, such as they are, show all the signs of a band slipping into a vaguely new-agey nothingness. Best track by a country mile: Give Up The Ghost.

None, because Pitchfork is behind on this rumor/news, and they haven't even posted it yet.

THE HIPSTER WORLD IS ENDING! :panic:

So is that single only available on vinyl at this point, or can you actually legally purchase it digitally?

They supposedly recorded in her house. Either that or they're just really big ET fans.

- The Universal Sigh -

radiohead_2.jpg

I love that they have to go out of their way to say it's not a live performance.

I do not love that nowhere in between Minneapolis and California is getting it.

Hm. Good thing I just got let go, again. Won't have any trouble being there to snag one. Or fifty.

1. Sorry to hear that.

2. If you can get more than one, I will be more than happy to send you a check for shipping and handling charges, an envelope for one of them, and a little extra for your efforts.

3. What's the deal with these Cornnuts?

4. Is it a corn, or is it a nut?

5. Who are the ad-wizards that came up with this one?

Chalk me up as also sorry to hear than and also willing to compensate you for getting me one of these papers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom