Radiohead: The King of Limbs, Continued

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GAF, do you possibly have the "bump thump" one saved as well?

As the clock rang out its midnight chime song, we circled up and prepared a listening experience paralleled with excitement. This was the U2 of the newness, and we would be getting just the one hearing and I am the fan.

________________ is a rolling rocker in the heavy styles of guitar ghosts from the far away past. Edge surfs the atomic skies and finds in himself the legendary power of mighty reverb. When he plays his solo, a mountain falls into the double trip of our revelations. Larry then hammers home the pulp with a quickening bump-thump that reminds one of Thor as he ascends to Valhalla. Adam sets the rumble tone with nimble kick-mixes in 5/8. (Someone has clearly been listening to early Hasselhof!) On the finally, Bono wears a noble cloak of silver as his voice explodes through a maze of silence. The end of the tune finds all 4 people of the band experiencing a telescope matinee, courtesy of Daniel Lanois' uncanny fine tuning.

As the clock rang out its midnight chime song, we circled up and prepared a listening experience paralleled with excitement. This was the U2 of the newness, and we would be getting just the one hearing and I am the fan.

________________ is a rolling rocker in the heavy styles of guitar ghosts from the far away past. Edge surfs the atomic skies and finds in himself the legendary power of mighty reverb. When he plays his solo, a mountain falls into the double trip of our revelations. Larry then hammers home the pulp with a quickening bump-thump that reminds one of Thor as he ascends to Valhalla. Adam sets the rumble tone with nimble kick-mixes in 5/8. (Someone has clearly been listening to early Hasselhof!) On the finally, Bono wears a noble cloak of silver as his voice explodes through a maze of silence. The end of the tune finds all 4 people of the band experiencing a telescope matinee, courtesy of Daniel Lanois' uncanny fine tuning.

Haha, wonderful.

A couple "new" reviews in:

The King of Limbs - Radiohead | AllMusic

Radiohead - The King of Limbs | Music Review | Tiny Mix Tapes

tumblr_lh95g1783s1qzua91o1_500.gif

With regards to the Lotus Flower video:

Doesnt thom not particularly like being in front of the camera all that much? Which is why most of radiohead's videos dont feature them that much.... If anything, thom is usually the only member to feature if they want a representative

Loving this album... Lotus Flower into Codex into Give Up The Ghost is a super trio...

Bloom is an absolute highlight too, it's an incredible instrumental. The vocals suit but don't steal the show.. The song for some reason conjures up in my head a scene of a 1950's American detective/journalist waiting outside an elevator in a busy foyer in a hotel/office building... I don't know why, but I love that it does that.

Great album. In my top 3 favorite Radiohead albums.

Key Tracks:
Codex
Give Up The Ghost
Separator
Bloom

To be honest, I'm not a fan of Lotus Flower. I mean, it's not a terrible song, but it's just one that I choose to skip on the album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom