Radiohead: Random Hail To The Thief Talk MMCDLXXVIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Best show I've seen in a looooong time. Well worth flying across the country for. Caribou was great too.

Setlist below warning (sorry, can't use spoiler tags on mobile app)

Setlist
01 Bloom
02 Airbag
03 Kid A
04 Bodysnatchers
05 Staircase
06 Codex
07 Meeting In The Aisle
08 The National Anthem
09 Nude
10 Morning Mr Magpie
11 Identikit
12 Lotus Flower
13 Go To Sleep
14 The Gloaming
15 Feral
16 There There
——
17 You And Whose Army?
18 15 Step
19 Supercollider
20 Paranoid Android
——
21 Give Up The Ghost
22 Separator
23 Reckoner

I was there too! Phenominal as I already said out of the 3 shows I saw this one was the best.

:applaud:

Had rail in front of Ed at both DC and Newark2.:love:

3 HTTT songs in DC, none of which was Myxomatosis. AWESOME.

They really punted on the second encore tho. Really could have used Idioteque or EIIRP.

Still, good/varied setlist, the show exceeded my somewhat low expectations. It may have even made me come around to liking Feral.

Congratulations on officially jumping the shark :up:

I've been vocal about my lack of jizz for Idioteque for years. Great track, but is it some kind of MUST BE PLAYED AT EVERY SHOW essential like Where The Cocks Have No Shame? No.

I think Airbag is more worthy of that status (just to name one big fan favorite), and it rarely gets played.

I've been vocal about my lack of jizz for Idioteque for years. Great track, but is it some kind of MUST BE PLAYED AT EVERY SHOW essential like Where The Cocks Have No Shame? No.

Plenty would say yes, including me.

Me too. Did you see the Coachella performance laz? It was a genuine highlight. I know more casual fans who'd be shattered to miss it.

Not that it matters. I have tickets and they do not mwuahahahaha

My buddy was pretty bummed they didn't play it. I don't really care one way or the other. I love the song, but was personally much more happy to get a number of tracks I'd never seen performed live.

He makes it sound as if he were sitting pretty much feet from me. We were at the very top of the arena at the opposite side of the stage as well. It was still a fantastic view.

He makes it sound as if he were sitting pretty much feet from me. We were at the very top of the arena at the opposite side of the stage as well. It was still a fantastic view.

That review sounds like the first time I saw U2 (ZooTV). Worst seats in the house, best show I've ever seen. Even the other ZooTV shows I saw in much better seats never topped the exhilaration of that first show in the nosebleeds.

Sometimes it's really cool to be able to see everything. The band, the stage, the lights, the crowd, etc. You can take it all in and enjoy it.

Speaking of which, the crowd at the DC show was probably the most sedentary crowd I've seen at any concert for any band. Even GA looked like statues. People still cheered and clapped quite loudly, and the band didn't seem to notice, so it was all good.

Sometimes it's really cool to be able to see everything. The band, the stage, the lights, the crowd, etc. You can take it all in and enjoy it.

Speaking of which, the crowd at the DC show was probably the most sedentary crowd I've seen at any concert for any band. Even GA looked like statues. People still cheered and clapped quite loudly, and the band didn't seem to notice, so it was all good.

yeah, compared to Newark 2 (was on rail in front of ed both then and DC) the DC GA crowd was subdued IMO. But everyone around me had a awesome time.

Newark 2 people were a little annoying near me. I almost had to kill a girl for talking loud through Pyramid Song. And the people behind me were following a ball game on their cell phones during the show. I was in the lower bowl opposite the stage which gave a great view of the whole show. I especially like being able to see the audience during Paranoid.

First night I was in the 3rd row one section from the stage on Jonny's side. It was probably the best seat I've ever had at an arena show (other than being on the U2 rail) and had great people around me and a completely unobstructed view.

joyfulgirl said:
Newark 2 people were a little annoying near me. I almost had to kill a girl for talking loud through Pyramid Song. And the people behind me were following a ball game on their cell phones during the show. I was in the lower bowl opposite the stage which gave a great view of the whole show. I especially like being able to see the audience during Paranoid.

Thats what happens when you pay for douchebag seats, you get stuck with douchebags :tsk:

Welcome to DC.

Some people are going to love this setlist (Cincinatti, June 5th):

1. Bloom
2. Airbag
3. Kid A
4. Bodysnatchers
5. Staircase
6. Codex
7. Daily Mail
8. Myxomatosis
9. The Gloaming
10. Separator
11. Nude
12. Identikit
13. Lotus Flower
14. 15 Step
15. Feral
16. Idioteque

ENCORE 1

17. Magpie
18. These Are My Twisted Words
19. Subterranean Homesick Alien
20. After the Gold Rush/EIIRP

ENCORE 2

21. Give Up the Ghost
22. The National Anthem/Hunting Bears
23. Reckoner

That kinda hurts. But not as bad as if it had been the elusive Fake Plastic Trees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom