Radiohead: Random Hail To The Thief Talk MMCDLXXVIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm seeing these guys in like 9 days. I'm incredibly excited. Anyway, the opener is Caribou. Is he good? What's the deal? What should I know about Caribou?

I'll probably listen to some of his stuff on Spotify before the show, but I'm wondering what other people's thoughts are on THE 'BOU!

Be sure to listen to Odessa. I've only heard the album Swim, but that was the clear highlight song for me. Besides Hannibal and Jamelia, the rest wasn't too memorable.

I thought I saw Caribou was opening.

Holy shit, I really might go. Rent comes first, but what a billing.

Greetings from Newark. Our seats last night were über douchey, tonight just regular douchey. And the lights just went down.

:wave:

joyfulgirl said:
Greetings from Newark. Our seats last night were über douchey, tonight just regular douchey. And the lights just went down.

:wave:

How've the shows been? Tomorrow for me, getting excited.

They were awesome of course. There were technical difficulties both nights with Jonny's equipment that seriously fucked up Idioteque (not a spoiler I hope?) to the point that the second night Thom was so frustrated he said "fuck it!" and stomped off stage without finishing the song, followed by the rest of the band.

Also the 2nd night Thom forgot the words during Paranoid and seemed to just go blank for a whole verse. He said later it had been a long day, he hadn't slept and was sick. But there was no hint otherwise that he was sick - it wasn't like it was a shitty performance or anything but from their perspective it was probably an off night.

There are YouTube videos of these moments but I'm at the airport and too lazy to find and link them via iPhone.

My trip had its share of technical difficulties as well, beginning with arriving at the airport Wed. to find my flight had been cancelled due to weather in Dallas. Thank God I was traveling a day early.

And I spent Thursday in ER with my niece who had serious complications from a tonsillectomy two weeks prior. We almost didn't make it to the show at all. Niece is fine but it was extremely scary.

So I loved the shows and spending time with family but the rest of the "vacation" was hi-jacked.

Hope you have a great show and that they've worked out the kinks.

Best show I've seen in a looooong time. Well worth flying across the country for. Caribou was great too.

Setlist below warning (sorry, can't use spoiler tags on mobile app)

Setlist
01 Bloom
02 Airbag
03 Kid A
04 Bodysnatchers
05 Staircase
06 Codex
07 Meeting In The Aisle
08 The National Anthem
09 Nude
10 Morning Mr Magpie
11 Identikit
12 Lotus Flower
13 Go To Sleep
14 The Gloaming
15 Feral
16 There There
——
17 You And Whose Army?
18 15 Step
19 Supercollider
20 Paranoid Android
——
21 Give Up The Ghost
22 Separator
23 Reckoner

I've gotten it before, and it's not on my Radiohead Mt. Rushmore or anything. One of the warhorses I would be disappointed to lose, but it wouldn't make or break the show.

Airbag is the one I'm hoping for.

That's great that you got a rarity, mofo. I had my fingers crossed for Airbag (mostly for my sister's sake) but no luck there.

Newark May 31 setlist
01 Bloom
02 15 Step
03 Bodysnatchers
04 Staircase
05 The Daily Mail
06 Myxomatosis
07 The Gloaming
08 Separator
09 Nude
10 Morning Mr Magpie
11 Identikit
12 Lotus Flower
13 There There
14 Karma Police
15 Feral
16 Idioteque
—–
17 You And Whose Army?
18 Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
19 Supercollider
20 Everything In Its Right Place
—–
21 Give Up The Ghost
22 The National Anthem
23 Reckoner

Newark June 1 setlist
01 Bloom
02 15 Step
03 Bodysnatchers
04 Kid A
05 Staircase
06 The Daily Mail
07 Myxomatosis
08 The Gloaming
09 Separator
10 Pyramid Song
11 Morning Mr Magpie
12 Identikit
13 Lotus Flower
14 The National Anthem
15 Feral
16 Idioteque
—–
17 How To Disappear Completely
18 Supercollider
19 Go To Sleep (tour debut)
20 Paranoid Android
—–
21 Give Up The Ghost
22 Reckoner
23 The One I Love/Everything In Its Right Place

No one responded to my emotional oversharing so I went back to setlists.

No Idioteque though, first time it's missed a show all tour. Here's hoping they sort out the issue and bring it back!

I was at Newark 1 and 2 and DC shows. Idioteque got majorly screwed up Newark 2 and also Newark 1. Techinical problems with the looping I think was definitely not related to lyrics, or guitar issues.. So I wasn't surprised when it wasn't played at DC. Newark 2 (this ended the main set and when thom came back on stage he said sometimes computers/too much technology isn't a good thing) was the worse and it was so bad that Thom walked off the stage. Audience tried to keep it going by singing but to no avail.
Also Thom screwed up a lyric in Paranoid Android at both Newark 2 and DC, same spot in the song.. I was laughing.

Out of the three shows I liked the DC show cuz of the mix up of the setlist. And getting GTS again, airbag, Meeting in the Aisle and Codex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom