Radiohead: Random Hail To The Thief Talk MMCDLXXVIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a reasonable man, get off my case.

Awesome show tonight.

My db seat was uber douchey.

The aptly named Feral is insanely great live.

I love Radiohead.

And goodnight.

:up:

Bones is a Bends track I still like to listen to relatively often.

Setlist from last night:
1. Bloom
2. 15-Step
3. Airbag
4. Little By Little
5. Myxomatosis
6. The Gloaming
7. Morning Mr. Magpie
8. Pyramid Song
9. The Daily Mail
10. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
11. Pakt Like Sardines in a Crushd Tin Box
12. Identikit
13. Lotus Flower
14. There There
15. Feral
16. Idioteque

Encore 1
17. How to Disappear Completely
18. Kid A
19. Lucky
20. Bodysnatchers

Encore 2
21. Give Up the Ghost
22. Reckoner
23. Paranoid Android

As someone who's been lucky enough to have seen seen them a number of times and therefore not too attached to hearing anything in particular (other than the song that is part of what is obviously an ongoing conspiracy* against me) I was quite happy with the setlist. Everything sounded completely fantastic. First time hearing that particular new song and I loved it.

I really had no expectations about this show other than assuming it would be great, and indeed it was.

I also decided to move Phoenix to the top of the list of places to travel to for arena shows. One of thr best organized arenas I've ever been to. I was out the door and on the highway in literally like 3 minutes.

*6x no FPT

Did you not end up going to Denver then?

I did not have a ticket for Denver. I got shut out of the presale when Citibank decided that I could not make an international purchase on my credit card (some hyper fraud protection new policy) and by the time I'd finished yelling at them ("you are ruining my life!!!") and they approved the purchase, I had lost the tickets that were in my shopping cart.

Then the general sale sold out in one second (very small venue).

So I ended up with Phoenix by default.

Radiohead Mount Rushmore...

Airbag/Black Star/Pyramid Song/Weird Fishes? I think that's what I'd go with.

maybe I should start believing what thom says.. When he referred to rehearsing around 75 songs.. I am so used to the BS that Bono says about stuff I tend to not take any other band too seriously when they talk about this.

Their sets have always been extremely diverse, and they've always worked in rarities and unreleased songs. One of the big reasons people like following them around to different cities.

That 01 version is fucking awesome! And also Thom didn't look like a diseased, anorexic rat.

Radiohead Rushmore: Weird Fishes/Subterranean Homesick Alien/Black Star/Pyramid Song

Shouldn't we also be saying which song is like Washington, Lincoln, etc.?

Teddy Roosevelt seems like a Bulletproof kind of guy to me. Lincoln, not so much.

TOO SOON? :sad:

I forget who came up with it, but it's just your four favourite songs by an artist, using the four heads of Mt Rushmore as an analogy.
Ah, thanks.

I'd go There There/Airbag/Pyramid Song/Talk Show Host

Didn't realize Weird Fishes had so much love, one of my absolute least favorite RH songs.

Yeah, seriously, it's their best song of the last decade.

That would be Nude (in my opinion).

Choosing just four is nigh on impossible. Perhaps:

Karma Police / Idioteque / Nude / Reckoner

But I'm already uncomfortable with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom