Radiohead: Random Hail To The Thief Talk MMCDLXXVIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Danny Boy said:
I'm trying out Jonny Greenwood's new classical album. Have to say I've not much experience judging classical music.

Greenwood's celeste carries an earthy quality, with a fragrant nose and subtle impressions of melon.

:up:

People complain if they get a greatest hits setlist. People complain if they get a show promoting the latest record(s).

cobl04 said:
I won't complain if they play Hunting Bears for two straight hours.

Bands only do that kind of shit if Peef goes.

:bono: "Oh, fuck, the gig is still on?? Quick, replace The Fly with Magnificent!"

:edge: "You bastard!"

:larry: "Cool!"

If the Bends had been released by any other band, it would be their unassailable, defining masterwork.

Incidentally I just listened to that album. And to my surprise, the song I enjoyed the most was Bulletproof. It's a great album with a few duds though, like Sulk or Nice Dream.

Radiohead have at least 4 albums I enjoy more.

I know I'm in the minority on that one but there's something about it that bugs me. I think it's the vocal melody.

(Nice Dream)

I've always been partial to that song. Where it would rank among The Bends as a whole for me, though, I have no idea.

There was a long period where I thought The Bends was my fav. Radiohead album (late '90's through Hail to the Thief era probably). I did a bit of over-listening to it though, and rarely play any songs off of it any more. That said, I still flip out if I'm at a show and they play anything from it.

Bulletproof is great.

Last night I had this (great dream) that I was seeing Radiohead in some dude's garage. They weren't long from taking the stage... and then my alarm woke me up.

There was a long period where I thought The Bends was my fav. Radiohead album (late '90's through Hail to the Thief era probably). I did a bit of over-listening to it though, and rarely play any songs off of it any more. That said, I still flip out if I'm at a show and they play anything from it.

I don't even try to rank the albums anymore. They are all perfect for certain situations, with the exception of course of Pablo Honey.

I'm pretty much over the Bends, while considering it an excellent record in the abstract.

Ok, Street Spirit is amazing and I could listen to it anytime. Sulk is actually really good. Others ditto. I never liked Just or Iron Lung much.

If I never hear High & Dry or Fake Plastic Trees again it won't be too soon. Not their fault, just played to death. Not, I guess by them, at concerts, but in general.

If the Bends had been released by any other band, it would be their unassailable, defining masterwork.

I believe the infamous quote from Q or NME at the time was "U2 would sell crack to nuns to make an album this good".

Ahh, hyperbole.

Anyway, I'm down with the Bulletproof, easily in my Top 5 HEAD! songs. Black Star is pretty damned close, too.

And My Iron Lung is without a doubt their weakest single. I can't believe that was even chosen to be one, considering every other song is catchier and superior.

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case.

Awesome show tonight.

My db seat was uber douchey.

The aptly named Feral is insanely great live.

I love Radiohead.

And goodnight.

It was a setlist made for you, laz - Feral, Gloaming, How to Disappear - all your favorites, together at last!

Even my least favorite TKOL song, Mr. Magpie, had something way more interesting going on live.

Daily Mail was a huge crowd pleaser.

Amazing audience. You could hear a pin drop during the quiet songs and new songs. No one around me left for beer and bathroom.

I couldn't help but wonder about the 70 year old Chinese woman sitting near me.

I am sad it's over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom