Radiohead: Random Hail To The Thief Talk MMCDLXXVIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a good set, Amy. I'm jealous of Black Star and The Bends, no doubt. The 2008 tour had an extra few songs though:

5/11/2008

All I Need
Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Lucky
15 Step
Nude
Pyramid Song
Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
Myxomatosis
Idioteque
Faust Arp
Videotape
Paranoid Android
Just
Reckoner
Everything In Its Right Place
Bangers + Mash
Bodysnatchers

Encore:

Like Spinning Plates
Optimistic
Karma Police
Go Slowly
Planet Telex

Encore 2:

Fake Plastic Trees
The National Anthem
House of Cards

My God, those encores were wonderful. :drool::drool::drool: Laz was there, he remembers.

Bangers + Mash is a pretty shit song, but it was badass next to Bodysnatchers. Crazy duo right there.

lazarus said:
Any setlist where another song could have taken the place of How To Disappear Completely can't really be the best.

You know, like Pyramid Song, one of their best. Which isn't on there.

:down:

I can't agree with this. How To Disappear Completely is one of their most beautiful songs, imo. I think the unique, brilliant thing about Kid A is that it has this musically sort of frozen exterior, but there is a humanity within that usually ends up piercing that frozen exterior by the end of a song, and HTDC is a great example of that, along with EIIRP, imo.

:yippie:

I got my tickets! I wasn't online when the pre-sales started so when I finally logged in some sections were already showing they were sold out. But thanks to some luck I slipped through and managed to score some GA tickets. Yay!
:happy:

Any setlist where another song could have taken the place of How To Disappear Completely can't really be the best.

You know, like Pyramid Song, one of their best. Which isn't on there.

How To Disappear Completely is one of their best songs. Pyramid Song is great, but I can think of two better songs on Amnesiac alone.

Hey, let's not allow Laz's vehement distaste for How To Disappear to undermine Pyramid Song's greatness. The latter is obviously a classic by this point, the most universally beloved song on Amnesiac and one of the very best post-Kid A. I would love a set that had both, although now that Codex exists, I don't know how much room there is for gorgeous, piano-led Radiohead songs in one set.

Oh, don't misunderstand me - I didn't get that song at my 1st concert so I would love to hear it. Beautiful song.

Whether it's the most universally beloved song on Amnesiac or not - my online hive-poisoned mind doesn't seem to give a shit, since I think You and Whose Army? and Like Spinning Plates are superior.

That's a good set, Amy. I'm jealous of Black Star and The Bends, no doubt. The 2008 tour had an extra few songs though:

My God, those encores were wonderful. :drool::drool::drool: Laz was there, he remembers.

Bangers + Mash is a pretty shit song, but it was badass next to Bodysnatchers. Crazy duo right there.

Yeah, I prefer our setlist to the other one posted. As much as I love Black Star, I'll take Planet Telex slightly over The Bends, and as mentioned earlier, Pyramid Song shreds most everything in their entire discography for me.

Plus, Myxomatosis > The Gloaming, Like Spinning Plates > Dollars & Cents, and of course we got Videotape and All I Need. And Optimistic.

Last but not least, Fake Plastic Trees. Suck it, /discussion

:yippie:

I got my tickets! I wasn't online when the pre-sales started so when I finally logged in some sections were already showing they were sold out. But thanks to some luck I slipped through and managed to score some GA tickets. Yay!
:happy:
:applaud: I've got a pair of GA's for Antwerp as well.

It's funny how some stupid music band can make you so happy. :hyper:

Yeah, Black Star and Let Down sent me over the moon that night.. just wow.:drool:

they did 2 shows at tower theatre, Upper Darby PA. We went to the second nite...
(
I was at that show, and it was indeed amazing. Probably my favorite Radiohead show.

Also there was a massive downpour after the show, which fits nicely into my history of Radiohead shows and insane weather (anyone who lives in the DC area can relate).

I've seen Wilco, Beck, and Arcade Fire/National there (yeah, the crowd was minuscule compared to their 2010 tour, it was a kickass show). Very nice venue, few sound problems, although it lacks GA as far as I'm aware. Win had us all come down to the front, but otherwise it was fully seated.

Their gig at Tower at 2006 is a thing for me since I was all too close to attending. The tickets were a bit much at the time though, so I missed out. I hate hearing how good that show was.

I was at that show, and it was indeed amazing. Probably my favorite Radiohead show.

Also there was a massive downpour after the show, which fits nicely into my history of Radiohead shows and insane weather (anyone who lives in the DC area can relate).

yes that downpour was ominous but great and yes fitting to the nite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom