Radiohead: Random Hail To The Thief Talk MMCDLXXVIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way not all tickets are ticketless. If you purchase tix thru the live nation app on ur iphone or ipad they are ticketfast tickets.. So guess what the scalpers I am sure did this to get around the paperless option so now they can sell them for ridiculous prices and they are right now.. :mad:

I wonder if only the GA/pit tickets are paperless. I purchased my seats on the web and opted for ticketast, but all delivery options were available.

you and me both. I live in Maryland and I failed to get DC tix. Scalpers have a ton up for crazy stupid prices.. :mad:

I couldn't even pull up lawn tickets for Mansfield which is 20 minutes from my house, but miraculously there are a boat load of them on StubHub.

I just meant city specific shows. Apart from the venue, I think it's just a regular show. But it's in a field and its all GA

Cheers to folks who got tickets. Those who didn't, keep an eye out for ticket drops, especially as the show date gets closer. I managed to get pit tickets for the last area Radiohead show three days before the show date. (of course this only works for local shows that don't involve travel)

I wonder if only the GA/pit tickets are paperless. I purchased my seats on the web and opted for ticketast, but all delivery options were available.

the whole ticketless thing is strange. I was not GA but lower level and could only get a ticketless ticket but people beside me and infront of me had normal tickets. :shrug:

I got my first live experience with Radiohead Friday in St. Louis. I was fortunate to get a strong setlist, and the show was visually hypnotic. So I have no idea why I came away so emotionally detached. In spite of the technically impressive performance, it felt pretty soulless to me. (Pulse checked and intact.) :reject:

Hopefully I can make Coachella work and get a second opinion.

655c4ba2.jpg
I really don't understand what the Westboro Baptist Church is ever trying to accomplish, other than getting in the news.

They're trying to get attention. And they're really, really good at it.

They're trying to get attention. And they're really, really good at it.

That's the thing though, what are they trying to accomplish with the attention? Tell us that God hates everything? God hates dead soldiers, God hates Australia, God hates homosexuals, God hates Radiohead. The things they randomly pick to demonstrate for make so little sense to me. They think doing all this crap is going to bring people to their religion, let alone religion in general? I just don't understand what they think they're trying to accomplish, or if they even know what they're trying to accomplish.

That's the thing though, what are they trying to accomplish with the attention?

Think of the sorts of people who strive for attention. Is there a greater message at play there most of the time? Attention-getting is an end unto itself for Westboro.

That or they're assholes. Either way, there is no message.

What are they trying to accomplish? They're trying to get people so angry that they assault them. Then they sue whoever assaults them, because something like 20-25 percent of the WBC are lawyers.

That's the thing though, what are they trying to accomplish with the attention? Tell us that God hates everything? God hates dead soldiers, God hates Australia, God hates homosexuals, God hates Radiohead. The things they randomly pick to demonstrate for make so little sense to me. They think doing all this crap is going to bring people to their religion, let alone religion in general? I just don't understand what they think they're trying to accomplish, or if they even know what they're trying to accomplish.

They're mentally ill.

Meanwhile, it's me + Arizona = near disaster again.

Silly me didn't realize it's spring break, and there's some stupid basketball tournament in Albuquerque, therefore every rental car company in the state is sold out. And I'm driving to Phoenix to see Radiohead. And my old car is unreliable.

After calling them all and having them laugh at me, like I'm the only idiot on the planet who isn't aware of spring breaks and basketball tournaments and how this affects the car rental market, I started calling them all again until somebody had a cancellation.

Jesus freaking Christ. Way to nearly give a girl a heart-attack.

Oh, and it looks like 90% of the hotels in Phoenix are also sold out.

Wtf. I guess the country isn't as bad off financially as we all thought since we're all on the go and stuff.

I ran across this Phil Selway quote in Q that I thought some of you fine folks would enjoy:

Phil Selway said:
Bends is like Star Wars - a neat, seperate entity with lots of explosions but not much plot. And OK Computer is The Empire Strikes Back - more ambitious, more complex with more loose ends, but ultimately much better.

Doesn't it it finish by implying Pablo Honey is Return of the Jedi because it's cheesy? At least that's how I remember reading it many moons ago.

They're mentally ill.

Meanwhile, it's me + Arizona = near disaster again.

Silly me didn't realize it's spring break, and there's some stupid basketball tournament in Albuquerque, therefore every rental car company in the state is sold out. And I'm driving to Phoenix to see Radiohead. And my old car is unreliable.

After calling them all and having them laugh at me, like I'm the only idiot on the planet who isn't aware of spring breaks and basketball tournaments and how this affects the car rental market, I started calling them all again until somebody had a cancellation.

Jesus freaking Christ. Way to nearly give a girl a heart-attack.

Oh, and it looks like 90% of the hotels in Phoenix are also sold out.

Wtf. I guess the country isn't as bad off financially as we all thought since we're all on the go and stuff.

Friggin' Phoenix. It's probably 100 degrees there already too.

New Hope > Empire

OK Computer > The Bends

I had no idea people remembered New Hope purely for its explosions (that one, at the end).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom