Radiohead: Random Hail To The Thief Talk MMCDLXXVIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cori, it wasn't you, no worries. I'm of lazy to go and see who it was. Someone with acrobat in their name.

Fuck the guy that was screaming "PLAY CREEP!" super loudly during Codex. Fuck him right in the nose.

were you in the pit or seats? We may have been nearish to each other, cause I heard that Asshole too.

We had seats in the pavilion. They were a bit off to the right, not the greatest seats in the world, but they could have been worse.

Just gotta be in the venue somewhere.

Man, The Bends is so great. A shame they aren't playing more of these tracks, but hey they're a different band these days and if that means more In Rainbows, so be it.

Black Star and The Bends are my two favourites, but I also really love Planet Telex, High & Dry, Fake Plastic Trees, Bullet Proof and Street Spirit. And My Iron Lung is great. The others are all pretty good too.

It's amazing how melancholic music can sometimes make you feel a lot better. They do bittersweet really well, this band.

Next show, I'mma start a setlist party thread in EYKIW. Feel free to join me.

The Bends is still my favourite, bought it with OK Computer many summers ago.

I was really hoping for Black Star at my pre-In Rainbows gig, but it wasn't to be. I think we got Planet Telex and Street Spirit that night (Airbag, Exit Music and Karma Police from OKC).

Man that was May 06. Can't wait for November.

Heh, this time they did play 4 songs from OK Computer:

1. Bloom
2. There There
3. Kid A
4. Staircase
5. Magpie
6. The Gloaming
7. Separator
8. I Might Be Wrong
9. Pyramid Song
10. Climbing Up The Walls
11. Nude
12. Lotus Flower
13. Paranoid Android
14. Feral
15. Little by Little
16. Idioteque

Encore#1
17. Exit Music
18. Ful Stop
19. Myxomatosis
20. Reckoner

Encore#2
21.Give up the Ghost
22.Karma Police
23.After The Goldrush / Everything in Its Right Place

The Bends is still my favourite, bought it with OK Computer many summers ago.

I was really hoping for Black Star at my pre-In Rainbows gig, but it wasn't to be. I think we got Planet Telex and Street Spirit that night (Airbag, Exit Music and Karma Police from OKC).

Man that was May 06. Can't wait for November.

The Bends is one of my faves too. I was fortunate to be at their 6/2/06 Tower Theater, Philly Show. We got The Bends and Black Star. At the Bristow, VA show in 2008 we got Planet Telex and Fake Plastic Trees.:heart:

Heh, this time they did play 4 songs from OK Computer:

1. Bloom
2. There There
3. Kid A
4. Staircase
5. Magpie
6. The Gloaming
7. Separator
8. I Might Be Wrong
9. Pyramid Song
10. Climbing Up The Walls
11. Nude
12. Lotus Flower
13. Paranoid Android
14. Feral
15. Little by Little
16. Idioteque

Encore#1
17. Exit Music
18. Ful Stop
19. Myxomatosis
20. Reckoner

Encore#2
21.Give up the Ghost
22.Karma Police
23.After The Goldrush / Everything in Its Right Place

Figures they remember what OK Computer and Amnesiac are as soon as I leave.

Glad they kept Ful Stop around.

Yeah, this could be leading up to busting out FPT. If so, I hope it at least happens for someone worthy. Someone in, say, Melbourne.

For those going to the European/Italian shows: The Bologna show has been moved to another venue which is a shame because it was originally set for Piazza Maggiore, which would have been a beautiful location. However, considering the recent earthquakes in the area, officials thought it to be safer to move the concert to a bigger venue. That means that there are more tickets on sale, the concert has been sold out for some time:

RADIOHEAD Live Tue 3 Jul 2012 | Arena Parco Nord | Bologna, Italy

Let's just hope nothing happens and everyone stays safe and people can enjoy a great show. My thoughts go out to everyone affected by the recent earthquakes in Italy.

I don't know why I just suggested to my sister that she should go to the Bologna show when she's in Italy. :doh:

I actually don't disagree with what he's saying, but I don't really care either. People area always going to forget the artists that set the "blueprints' so to speak, and contemporary music is always going to be more relevant to people than "classics" are.

Abridged:

HI I'M BILLY CORGAN RADIOHEAD SUCKS PLEASE BUY MY BAND'S NEW ALBUM OCEANIA, OUT SOON. RADIOHEAD SUCKS. PLEASE BUY MY ALBUM. NOTICE ME.

I read part of the article, it's slightly taken out of context as it's part of a bigger question, but it's still what it is. I don't think even he or the interviewer really knew what he was saying, as Corgan's answer to the follow up question immediately after what was posted above seems even more incoherent and inaccurate in regards to Radiohead. My guess is he's not very familiar with Radiohead. He knows that they're still really successful, and he's not, and that makes him think he doesn't like them.

I read it like he was on this whole thing about wrestling, and that his "insult" was kind of in a wrestling-theater-smack-talk vein.

But he was probably serious about the "pompous" thing, and while I agree that I like music/bands to not take itself seriously now and again, my main response is "Bish, have you HEARD your own music?"

SUKqE.gif

As far as Corgan goes, I couldn't finish this latest "Smashing Pumpkins" release. Too bad, since I love Siamese Dream, but those days are obviously long over.

I'm liking the fact that Climbing Up the Walls is appearing more frequently now. Makes me hope more I'll be able to hear it at my show.

My evil sister has just realized that while she will miss the Bologna show by one day, she will however be in London & Paris for business when Radiohead are playing both cities, and has planted the idea in my little head that I need to come with her and take advantage of her free hotel room and somehow acquire Radiohead tickets. I have a created a Radiohead monster bigger than myself, one who is taking her obsession to an international level and attempting to drag me into it. :crack:

Well, she's been begging me to accompany her on one of these trips for years and for various good reasons, I've just never been able to do it. I don't need Radiohead to convince me that a trip to London & Paris with free accommodations is a good idea, but October is not the greatest time for me to take a vacation. I just think it's cute she's so into it after the NJ shows. She hasn't loved anyone as much as she loves Thom Yorke since
Micky Dolenz

:lol:

And I can't stop watching that gif above.

I work with a guy who's a big fan, and he and his wife will be at the Paris show as well. They're not traveling specifically to see Radiohead, it was just a happy coincidence about their trip plans. He's super excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom