Radiohead: Random Hail To The Thief Talk MMCDLXXVIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awwww. I like how Colin comes over and tussles Jonny's hair after it all goes to shit. :cute:
His childlike look of befuddlement is pretty heartbreaking.

Does Ed usually sing on Idioteque? Sounds like he maybe thought it was Thom forgetting the lyrics so he stepped in with the vocal.

:panic: RADlOHEAD SHOULDN'T HAVE BOOKED THE TOUR BEFORE FINISHING THE ALBUM :panic: KING OF LIMBS IS A FLOP :panic: THE BAND IS IN CRISIS :panic: WHAT'S NEXT GETTING TRAPPED IN A GIANT LEMON???? :panic:

They're just having a little FAMILY ROW!

LemonMelon said:
:panic: RADlOHEAD SHOULDN'T HAVE BOOKED THE TOUR BEFORE FINISHING THE ALBUM :panic: KING OF LIMBS IS A FLOP :panic: THE BAND IS IN CRISIS :panic: WHAT'S NEXT GETTING TRAPPED IN A GIANT LEMON???? :panic:

* SPOILER *

Does at ease suffer from the debilitating retardation that afflicts EYKIW? Bollox?

They don't really listen to Radiohead over there. They just compare music knowledge and act like assholes to each other. It's a lot like B&C, but without the occasional spark of humanity.

He never does! #laz

I haven't listened to Radiohead in months and the gig is in a week. I've already got Grizzly Bear queued up, but the night is young. I might listen to Veckatimest and OK Computer back to back. I also might run out of cold water.

Phil Selway is the man. The glue. A man who is also glue. It's a superpower: watch how he keeps up with his percussion duties long after Idioteque had gone to hell in that video. Thom got all pissy and left, but Selway's going to keep the beat going until he knows it's time to stop. Which is never.

The drum roll in Electioneering, you know the one; that's one of the Great moments in his or anyone's career.

bollox said:
His childlike look of befuddlement is pretty heartbreaking.

Does Ed usually sing on Idioteque? Sounds like he maybe thought it was Thom forgetting the lyrics so he stepped in with the vocal.

Ed sings backup live on every version I have seen.

Does at ease suffer from the debilitating retardation that afflicts EYKIW? Bollox?
Definitely. The Main forum for RH discussion is full of the same types of obsessed fans. Also lots of scary PLEBA type fangirls. Tho many of them defected to a different board to post their Thom/Jonny fic (don't ask me why I know this)

They don't really listen to Radiohead over there. They just compare music knowledge and act like assholes to each other. It's a lot like B&C, but without the occasional spark of humanity.
That's a pretty good summation of the Music board. There are a few cool posters who are knowledgeable and don't act like dicks; I've gotten into a lot of different music through the board. But the ratio of cool people to assholes definitely favors the latter.

And Gen Chat is just basically 4chan.

Hahaha I was privy to some of the Thom/Jonny fic before that went elsewhere. Really horrifying stuff. The implications of it.

BIG QUESTION: Do you guys think Radiohead will tour the US again?

Was supposed to go to to that Cleveland show last night, but the friend I was supposed to go with fell ill yesterday and didn't bother to tell me until I showed up at his house to pick him up for the 3 hour drive. So I basically made a few calls, but couldn't find anybody to go on such short notice, it's a weeknight, etc. I really didn't feel like driving 3 hours to go to a concert by myself and then drive back by myself. So I didn't go. So continues my Radiohead curse. Let me explain:

In 2001- Had tickets, but the venue I was supposed to see them in actually FLOODED, causing the concert to be cancelled.
In 2003- I was 21, on my own, and very poor. Wasn't in the budget... "see them next time for sure", I thought.
In 2008- The dates closest to me fell in the same week as my wedding. Couldn't possibly go, too many obligations.
In 2012- The story I just told you.

I'm wondering if I should've just gone by myself. It might have been nice to just go alone and not have to worry about entertaining anybody else. But the time has come and passed. If they ever tour the US again, I AM GOING, and I will be damned if ANYTHING comes between me and that concert. (Unless it's something to do with my kids, in which case they will always come first).

That sucks, acrobat. Understand the decision though, 6 hours of driving solo last minute would not be fun.

I'm sure they'll come again for a future album, but sorta assuming the touring for this album will end one this one is over.

Yeah, are you asking if they'll tour here EVER AGAIN, or just this tour?

I don't think enough people saw that Idioteque performance to kill demand permanently.

I probably would have driven, but I'm pretty weird and I can definitely understand how six hours of solo driving in one night would not appeal.

If I'd have had decent seats, I'd have gone by myself. The fact that I was only out $40 for a GA lawn ticket made me not feel quite so bad. My friend had already paid me for his ticket, so at least I had that.

With Thom's solo projects taking up a lot of his time, and Radiohead's lack of interest in commerical success (at least compared to a lot of bands on the arena circuit), I am just worried that they will one day either A: Split up, or B: stop touring and just be a band who records weird music. I know I'm probably being overdramatic, but I always thought I'd get a chance to see R.E.M. live again, and now that's obviously not going to happen.

I've resigned myself to the fact that it'll probably be 2015-16 at the earliest before I get another chance to see them, but I just hope I do get that chance.

I have no idea how I posted that in the Radiohead thread. I guess it's all the roman numerals.

At any rate, I cannot wait to see this band live.

So Thom Yorke just dedicated "Supercollider" to Jack White, who they did something with yesterday. Yorke says we'll find out exactly what sometime later. Consider me intrigued.

Dude, are you lost?

That was very enjoyable last night. Thom was unusually chatty. Disappointed they didn't play Climbing Up the Walls, though. Recent setlist got my hopes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom