Radiohead: Random Hail To The Thief Talk MMCDLXXVIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw Radiohead for the first time ever last night. It was mind blowingly incredible. They have put every other band there to shame. Paranoid Android was insanely good. The visuals were also great, especially in a festival setting where most of the audience can't see the stage.
Glad you enjoyed it. The show looked awesome on the stream as well.

I saw Radiohead for the first time ever last night. It was mind blowingly incredible. They have put every other band there to shame. Paranoid Android was insanely good. The visuals were also great, especially in a festival setting where most of the audience can't see the stage.

:up: I am kind of amazed by the visuals. When I saw them in Phoenix I was close to the stage but kind of on the side and I did not get the full effect of the visuals. I could see the band but not so much "the show," so I was really happy to see it last night in the stream.

I listened to all the King of Limbs era tracks this morning because of the stream.

I like King of Limbs considerably more than I used to.

i couldn't really tell, are they the same lights they used on the last tour, or slightly different?

The lights themselves that is, not the light show displayed on them.

According to the Mexican interview with Ed, they are the same lights. The wall of lights in the back are made from recycled plastic. I believe that's what I read.

I like King of Limbs considerably more than I used to.

Does this include Bloom?

I can't wait to watch the stream again. I had some buffering issues and at one point it was so bad that I just reloaded the page which then took me from the opening notes of Daily Mail to the middle of Myxomatosis which was rather shocking. That's how far behind I was due to buffering and then I missed a whole song.

Maybe I should pay $10 more for faster download speed. :grumpy:

Are they webcasting again next weekend, anybody know?

That set list was pretty rote, save for the NY cover.

But only 2 Kid A tracks is pretty awesome. And no Feral.

Of course, the band members should all be kicked in the 'nads for rarely playing Separator. Or Codex. Instead we're getting the album's b-sides on a regular basis? That's just idiotic. Or should I say "Idioteque"? HAW HAW HAW.

Did you watch the stream yet? It's hard to have a beef with the setlist with such extraordinary performances of every song they played.
You might even like The Gloaming.

Seperator and Codex are my two favourite songs on TKOL but they don't work live. I'd easily take live Magpie over either of those tracks.

Considering they're better than a massive percentage of the album tracks, I think not playing any of the 4 official post-album tracks would be idiotic.

Absolutely AMAZING! They blew Coachella away. This band just keeps getting better and better live and I don't know how after so many years.

Thom's voice is a gift from another world that just floated through each of us standing on those polo fields.

There are no words just how good it was. :thankful:

They're not better than the two songs I mentioned tho? Which was my point.

As for the idea that those songs "won't work live". Hasn't this band been proving that sentiment wrong for at least 10 years with various other tracks?

I haven't seen it live yet but it was definitely one of the highlights of the Coachella stream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom