Radiohead: Random Hail To The Thief Talk MMCDLXXVIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They should have played Subterranean in Phoenix but apparently they are not informed about the relationship between UFOs and Arizona. :wink:

They should have played Subterranean in Phoenix but apparently they are not informed about the relationship between UFOs and Arizona. :wink:

I just wanted to give this a :up:.

They were here very close to the ten-year anniversary of the Phoenix Lights. :yes:

I love Amnesiac and its b-sides.

But no way are the b-sides better than Life in a Glasshouse, Pyramid Song, Like Spinning Plates, Morning Bell, You & Whose Army, or Dollars & Cents.

Lately I think I love Amnesiac a tiny bit more than Kid A.

Cobbler needs to reevaluate his opinion on Amnesiac, or I will throw a disparaging "friggin'" in his direction.

I'm baffled reading some of these posts. Fine, with some configuration Amnesiac could be among their best, but I'm not sure how an album with Pull/Pulk, Hunting Bears and wanky reversed Like Spinning Plates could beat one of the most singular, unique, cohesive, exhausting, creative and CONSISTENT albums of the 21st century. I literally could not imagine Kid A without one of its tracks, whereas so much Amnesiac talk revolves around what one would add or subtract from it. This is not, to me, the mark of a great album.

Opinions...

It switches back and forth between 2nd or 3rd. In Rainbows is basically equal. It all depends on my mood.

I'm like double rainbow guy every time I listen to OK Computer.

Kid A really is the total package: stunning individual tracks with a great deal of variety that also complement each other beautifully through mood and sequence. The only other Radiohead album in which I see those traits is King of Limbs, though I know that opinion will be unpopular.

I'm baffled reading some of these posts. Fine, with some configuration Amnesiac could be among their best, but I'm not sure how an album with Pull/Pulk, Hunting Bears and wanky reversed Like Spinning Plates could beat one of the most singular, unique, cohesive, exhausting, creative and CONSISTENT albums of the 21st century. I literally could not imagine Kid A without one of its tracks, whereas so much Amnesiac talk revolves around what one would add or subtract from it. This is not, to me, the mark of a great album.

Opinions...

Funny how people define greatness differently, and all that. Although it isn't.

Anyway, good Laz impression.

Imo... IMO, the highs are higher on Amnesiac, Pyramid, Army, Wrong are all much better than pretty much anything on Kid A. The amount of praise and hyberbole heapped upon it are baffling if you ask me. Is Kid A a great album? Yes. Is it some sort of transcendant second coming of aural magnificence? I dont think so...

Peoples opinions, imagine that.

no-no-no-no-no.gif

Lol ^

The other day a visitor in our office had the nerve to say to me, right there in my very own office fresh from the RH show, that RH hadn't made a record worth listening to since Pablo Honey and that the only good thing he had to say about In Rainbows was that he got his money's worth with the free download. On the outside I smiled and said, "Really? That's interesting." On the inside I said, "You are a moron, I hate you, your opinion has no value, I would like to punch you in the face, but instead I will deny your existence henceforth."

I thought In Rainbows was your #1?

It is. I think that Rainbows is the finest collection of songs that they have put together on record. Kid A is their most cohesive album, but Rainbows gets the nod from me based on the sheer excellence of every song.

Is it some sort of transcendant second coming of aural magnificence?

Yes, yes it is. :wink:

I've probably said this before, but Kid A is extremely special to me because it opened me to all manner of new genres and styles. Before I heard it, I thought something along the lines of Led Zeppelin and What's the Story Morning Glory - you know, relatively straight-forward rock - represented the only type of "good" music. Kid A changed all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom