Radiohead Discussion Thread Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
am i the only one who keeps thinking of king of birds when i see the title?

The King of Limbs is a reference to an oak tree in Wiltshire, England's Savernake Forest. Thought to be more than 1,000 years old, the ancient tree and Savernake Forest are located close to Tottenham House, where Radiohead recorded part of In Rainbows.

None of that stops me from thinking of King of Birds.

Speaking of which, REM have a lot of "King Of" titled songs.

And now we've got a chance for both the best and worst albums of the year to have four word titles beginning with "The King."

Impy was not a fan of The Decemberists' new album, The King Is Zed.

2233258802_a61acd9cb7_o.png

Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead.

:shrug:

I think The Decemberists album is great, so he must be expecting nothing from Radiohead.

What? You can't form true impressions on an album after only one listen? I'm glad I was sitting down when I read that. Shocking stuff, Peeferoni. You're a different breed.

Excuse me if I'm an idiot for a moment, but what the hell does this actually have to do with the newspaper? Is it just that it's releasing on the weekend (Sunday morning in the UK, I assume)?

Your guess is as good as anyone else's, Scumby. I'm assuming it has everything to do with the packaging of the LP.

I can't wait for all the 'toilet paper edition' jokes :(

Lance is already drafting some variation of a "newspaper album" joke which includes a budgie and a birdcage.

More like The King of Dim(wit)s, spiritual successor to Mehre Mehre (The Droney King of Blowhere).

Eh... :shrug:

PhilsFan said:
Should I have spoiler'd that? I should have spoiler'd that. I apologize.

It's fine, it's just the idea that someone can possibly abstain from posting a review online after listening to an album a single time weeks before its release does my head in.

I'm not paying 15 bucks for a handful of WAVs. I'm sure I'll be having a good old time with megaupload come saturday. Then probably I'll buy the album on vinyl eventually. Not for $50 though.

The record box was so much cooler than the IR 12" that it's worth it in my eyes.

I paid 80 bucks or whatever it was for the In Rainbows box, and we all know how I feel about that now.

Charging that much more for the .wav files versus the mp3s is a little ridiculous. What's their extra overhead on that?

Exactly. Charge a flat rate, and let people download the file type they prefer/their system can handle.

Dunno, but I'll be able to burn a CD from a lossless source on Saturday. Worth it to me.

They must be selling a few copies because it looks like the site crashed. The server timed out on me twice and then I finally got to a "Service Temporarily Unavailable" page.

Dang, the site wouldn't take either of my credit cards. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'll try again later, and maybe I'll go the PayPal route instead.

Back
Top Bottom