Radiohead Discussion Thread Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good news, and that's an understatement. I've actually been on a big Radiohead kick the last week or so. I found out that there are a bunch of pro-shot Radiohead concerts in their entirety on YouTube. Did you guys know about this? It's an embarrassment of riches. There are also a few of their long documentary/studio things on there. I don't know who uploaded them, but he/she is awesome. For example, here is their full hour and a half set from Glastonbury 2003, in damn good quality:

YouTube - [DVD] Radiohead - Glastonbury 2003 [Full Concert]

:drool:

AustinBrock is wonderful. I've spent a good chunk of the year getting my Radiohead fix thanks to his uploads.

GODDAM IT. i swear to god if they don't come to Australia... well i'll probably be pretty pissed off. fuck your carbon footprint.

and yeah niels i caved recently and bought a ticket to The National, i'm going solo. i feel very uncomfortable about it, but think about what happens during the actual gig even if you're with friends... you're that focused on the show they could be there or not.

I used to be very hesitant about attending shows by myself, but I went to several this year solo, and while I admit that I was uncomfortable the first few times, I got over it once the band hit the stage.

Gilles Peterson on new Radiohead album: “It’s Done I Believe” ? Consequence of Sound

In news not derived via Google Translate, Radiohead frontman Thom Yorke recently made an appearance at The Worldwide Awards 2011, where he presented Flying Lotus with the award for Album of the Year. As you can see in the video below (via Some Kind of Awesome), BBC 1′s Gilles Peterson caught up with the two men shortly after the presentation. What you don’t see, however, is the news that Yorke apparently shared with Peterson at some other point during the evening.

“I think we’re just lucky that Radiohead are having some free time at the moment. And Thom was just hanging out. He enjoyed himself. And there’s a new Radiohead album if you’re wondering. Just done I believe,” Peterson said during his Worldwide Awards highlights show on BBC 1. Listen to the clip here (the part about Radiohead begins at 1:26).

Much like every piece of Radiohead news, nothing is confirmed until an album shows up on what.CD or Jonny Greenwood issues a public proclamation. Either way, take some time to daydream.

Yay, maybe.

As I've said before, I will legitimately be shocked if the new LP doesn't come out by the end of 2011.

Maybe they'll leak the album tomorrow.

Or maybe it will be released even after the new U2 one.

I do highly doubt the latter.

They did it again. These fucking bastards. Wow.

Holy shit. Dude, the internet is about to explode.

I need a cigarette.

I can't even describe what I'm feeling right now. If I could bottle this feeling...

Wow. Unfuckingbelievable.

Holy shit. It's been about 10 minutes, and I've only just now stopped shaking. What the fuck is wrong with me? I need to go to sleep before I cause serious damage to my health.

God bless this band.

I was thinking "WTF is this a hoax?" a few seconds after noticing it popping up in my FB news feed. But yeah, wow, surprising releases is what this band do best in my opinion. Saturday will be awesomesauce.

It's very real, cobblerino.

Almost...almost too real.

What a fucking immense and life-affirming piece of news. I'm going to stop posting and embarrassing myself now. Quit while I'm behind.

I love Radiohead. Those pale, beautiful, sneaky English fucks.

I got one like after a minute. Go me.

Now to hide from the hardcore Radiohead fans and Pitchfork editors. :uhoh:

It's cool they've got a new album out, but it's not like they haven't done a release like this before, I mean, reading this thread, it pretty much seems you all were expecting them to do so.

Yeah but the most recent news we heard was a generic "we're working on it" kind of thing so to go from that to in less than 120 hours you'll be hearing our new full length LP is a mindfuck.

I mean, reading this thread, it pretty much seems you all were expecting them to do so.

I expect them to be awesome, yes.

Their last two songs unrelated to In Rainbows were awful, but I'll just chalk those up as New Day-esque failures and have faith. The fact that the album art is very similar to Amnesiac is slightly disappointing, but In Rainbows had the same problem.

Bear in mind, I'm only criticizing album art because I'm not jizzing over the music yet.

Back
Top Bottom