Radiohead Discussion Thread Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The live version of The Gloaming from the last tour was easily the highlight of the show for me. God that kicked ass.

I like them a lot... but is it fair to say that as touring band they are lazy?

01010101000IWILLEATYOUALIVE
IWILLEATYOUALIVEIWILLEATYOUALIVEIWILLEATYOUALIVEIWILLEATYOUALIVE
0101010101010000IMNOTHERETHISISNTHAPPENING001010101
LEATYOUALIVE
0101010101010000IMNOTHERETHISISNTHAPPENING001010101LEATYOUALIVE
0101010101010000IMNOTHERETHISISNTHAPPENING001010101
sept26.jpg

/pitchfork

I like them a lot... but is it fair to say that as touring band they are lazy?

When did they last come to Australia?

Hail to the Thief... and i think they had to cancel some shows because one of them was sick, something along those lines. gave them another excuse for not touring, one of them said in an interview "if we do come down under, we want to do it properly..." :rolleyes:

We rented out a karaoke room for my friend's birthday, and one of the selections was the title track from The Eraser. WTF is right. But we couldn't resist putting it on, and it was one of the more surreal experiences I've had in recent memory.

I don't think I'd realized that These Are My Twisted Words had been played live before until this.

I am not a real fan.

You're only a fake fan if you sang along.

I realized while watching that had I been there I likely would have cheered, or even "woo-ed", at some point during the song. It was that moment that I understood why I am referred to as Scumbo.

because i fail to truly immerse myself in a new album with the speed the music business goes, i sort of didnt really get into in rainbows

however found a little bit of time to listen to the album the other day

and i have to say: its one of their best. its not the same radiohead, it just might be better as music is hard to retain my interest after a certain length of time

its just hard to believe radiohead were capable of making amazing albums after Kid A, The Bends and OK Computer.

Weird Fishes, omg one of the best songs like... ever

We rented out a karaoke room for my friend's birthday, and one of the selections was the title track from The Eraser. WTF is right. But we couldn't resist putting it on, and it was one of the more surreal experiences I've had in recent memory.

One of the karaoke places in Manhattan has some pretty weird picks too. Songs like Black Star, Killer Cars, Let Down, Sit Down Stand Up, True Love Waits, Wolf at the Door, and Black Swan. They have all the hits too but it's just a very random, yet awesome selection.

I'll agree with that :yes:.

That was indeed a fantastic article. It's nice to see people out there who still care about the audience above all else, who understand just how important music is to people. I find his thoughts on the future of the internet interesting-particularly liked the bit about conversation online turning more to legitimate discussion like that of the old mediums, as I think he's generally right about that. Also liked how he weighed the pros and cons of pre- and post-Internet musical activity as well. Unlike him, I still buy CDs when I'm able to, I find the internet has made me want to buy more CDs instead of less. But I see his point on that aspect as well.

Good to hear they've got some new stuff coming out soon, look forward to hearing what else they've come up with and seeing how they'll promote it. I've only heard In Rainbows a couple times, but I quite like it, some very good songs on there.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom