Radiohead Discussion Thread Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So Cuttooth was on the 'pod this afternoon as I was flying home from Denver after NOT seeing U2 there.

The song had just started and I happened to look out the window. I could see the Colorado River through Marble Canyon, just as the Little Colorado comes in to start the Grand Canyon. The entire Grand Canyon was all right there for me to see, close enough to touch, but 35,000 feet down, and all the while Cuttooth was playing in my ears. It was a lovely gift.

I knew the Canyon was going to be on my side, but I could only hope the clouds would clear away. They did, and oh my Lord, was it incredible.

Cuttooth is their best B-side, and they have plenty of amazing B-sides.

Gagging Order is my favorite of their B-sides. That guitar is so beautiful and so un-Radiohead. And then Thom comes in and it becomes very Radiohead. Strangely.

Damn, I'm going to have to go listen to that right now.

Gagging Order is my favorite of their B-sides. That guitar is so beautiful and so un-Radiohead. And then Thom comes in and it becomes very Radiohead. Strangely.

Damn, I'm going to have to go listen to that right now.

This is beyond true. It's one of the most heartbreaking things I've listened to, in fact, it's what I listen to when I am also heartbroken. Fun stuff.

As you all know, I've always preferred the studio version of 'Fog' as my favorite RH b-side. To me, it's just as emotional as 'Gagging Order', but so Radiohead in a creepy, atmospheric, ethereal way.

'Gagging Order' is probably my 2nd fave though.

Oh, and :up: Martha. I had a similar experience like that in a plane with the gleaming ocean, white, fluffy clouds and Underworld's 'Cups (Salt City Orchestra remix)'. :drool:

I think my favourite Radiohead b-side is Lewis Mistreated. Or maybe Permanent Daylight.

Some new Radiohead album news:

Ed O’Brien: New Radiohead album may be out “sometime this year” � Consequence of Sound

“I’m really excited… I feel like this is the best record we ever made. It really is genuinely exciting. It’s very different from what we did last time.”

Time to get excited everyone. :hyper:

Indeed. :hyper::hyper:

And btw, does anyone here have the promo cd Radiohead... Before Computers ? I've been looking for this but it's kinda hard to find outside selling sites that are pricing it for a really expensive price. :(

Stop it.

The album cut of "Videotape" still does nothing for me. It's officially the third thing I like in basements, behind arcade games and deep wells to fit my victims.

The secret's out: the 'B' in YLB actually stands for Bundy.

villains10-300x161.jpg

No need to add, Sicy.

Back
Top Bottom