Radiohead Discussion Thread Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why would you apologize for inadvertently sparking a completely non-hostile conversation?

I like collecting bootlegs because it satisfies the small bit of obsessive-compulsiveness that's settled deep within me.

Hey, it's either U2 bootlegs or creepy dolls, so I think I've made the right choice.

Why would you apologize for inadvertently sparking a completely non-hostile conversation?

oh maybe because said "non-hostile conversation" is annoying... :|

I for one like collecting boots of live shows because I love live music and it's great to listen to at the gym on my ipod..

I like collecting bootlegs because it satisfies the small bit of obsessive-compulsiveness that's settled deep within me.

Hey, it's either U2 bootlegs or creepy dolls, so I think I've made the right choice.

If you don't

start

collecting children

you'll be collecting cats

soon

I listen to it occasionally as well because the quality is so great. Plus, martha to my right, mofo to my left, Radiohead in front, under the perfect Santa Barbara night sky and all...there is a certain warm fuzzy factor. The only U2 bootleg I ever listen to is that new year's eve show from 1989. That's still pretty cool sometimes on road trip.

oh maybe because said "non-hostile conversation" is annoying... :|

1zeayz8.gif

I'm embarrassing myself? No one was coming after you by not caring for bootlegs, you know. All you had to do was say you like them and give your reason (like you did after the "annoying" comment), and it all would have been cool. If you think other people having opinions is annoying, you're probably not in the right place.

I'm embarrassing myself? No one was coming after you by not caring for bootlegs, you know. All you had to do was say you like them and give your reason (like you did after the "annoying" comment), and it all would have been cool. If you think other people having opinions is annoying, you're probably not in the right place.

look ur the one who is trying to get a rise out of me by posting a pic of whatshisface crying, so I decided to fire right back don't take what the wording in the pic as literal... We all have a right to post our opinions and I have been in here long enough to see that. So I am in the right place.. I just don't always voice an opinion on everything like some people around here.. :shrug: Take it however you want to I don't care.

back to the old avatar, i see, impy.

Looking that way.

look ur the one who is trying to get a rise out of me by posting a pic of whatshisface crying, so I decided to fire right back don't take what the wording in the pic as literal... We all have a right to post our opinions and I have been in here long enough to see that. So I am in the right place.. I just don't always voice an opinion on everything like some people around here.. :shrug: Take it however you want to I don't care.

You know, it's fine that you disagree with me and others on the bootleg thing. I would have happily invited anything from you making a case for them. That's what a discussion is. It's just really, really weird to act like others having opinions is a bad thing. It's the internet, kid.

Regardless, this is stupid, and I'm done talking about it.

Looking that way.

You know, it's fine that you disagree with me and others on the bootleg thing. I would have happily invited anything from you making a case for them. That's what a discussion is. It's just really, really weird to act like others having opinions is a bad thing. It's the internet, kid.

Regardless, this is stupid, and I'm done talking about it.

having opinions is never a bad thing. I voiced an opinion as did you so let's just leave it at that ok? /end

A new album of We Suck Young Blood rewrites would be more pleasant than this. Make it happen, guys.

i'm one of the few that absolutely loves that song

I like it a great deal as well. It's sorta their "attempt at slow-core" song, and Low is one of my top 10 most listened to bands on Last FM, so yeah. I like.

As I said, it's "an attempt". Radiohead have never really been known to do a great job at their attempts into other genres, so it's kinda sad that a lot of fans only exposure to things like glitch and slow-core come through them. So it goes.

I felt an immense inner warmth when I first noticed that the avatar had made its return

i probably would have too if i even remotely understood any of the avatars around this place.

i've come around a little to We Suck Young Blood, it's very brooding and quite creepy, and whilst i still don't really like it, it works and it's a hell of a lot better than The Gloaming.

The point is, an hour of one of Radiohead's worst songs > being cursed by Thom Yorke's eye > arguing over the validity of opinions. At least being cursed would be novel.

The point is, an hour of one of Radiohead's worst songs > being cursed by Thom Yorke's eye > arguing over the validity of opinions.

You're correct, except for the following opinion, which is wrong.

i've come around a little to We Suck Young Blood, it's very brooding and quite creepy, and whilst i still don't really like it, it works and it's a hell of a lot better than The Gloaming.

:wink:

I was not a fan of "The Gloaming" until I heard/saw it live on the 2008 tour. When they added that heavy bass and drum bit, between the verses, it became a different song for me. I really suggest listening to it from the NPR Santa Barbera podcast or also from the "From The Basement" session. Excellent.

By the way, for about a week now I've been listening (in my car) to nothing but the "From The Basement" songs. Man, they are awesome. I think that, song for song, these versions of the "In Rainbows" songs are better than the album itself. They are more clear and even more powerful. It's just about a second studio recording of In Rainbows. Also, other tracks done there are just fantastic (Gloaming, Myxomatosis, Optimistic, Where I End and You Begin) and also probably better than their original album recordings. I LOVE "From The Basement". It is outstanding!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom