Radiohead Discussion Thread Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
FYI - This from the sporadically up and down AtEase - the bolded part at the end is new info:

Radiohead’s new album ‘The King Of Limbs’ available for pre-order

Posted by adriaan on Feb 14, 2011 • (4)
Radiohead The King Of LimbsAnd then, out of nowhere, Radiohead have announced the release of their new album ‘The King Of Limbs’. The new album will be available for download on February 19th.

The band announced the record, via a message on Dead Air Space ‘Thank You For Waiting’, which redirects to a pre-order page on thekingoflimbs.com. The album is available in 2 editions; A newspaper edition, wich includes digital downloads and a download only. The newspaper version costs €39 (including WAV-files) €36 (MP3s). If you just want to digital download, you can get it for €7 or €11, depending on the sound quality. Prices may vary, depending on your locating, but include shipping. The album will be shipped on May 9th and includes two 10″ vinyl records, a CD and 625 pieces of artwork.

Radiohead’s new record, The King Of Limbs, is presented here as the world’s first* Newspaper Album, comprising:

Radiohead’s new record, The King Of Limbs, is presented here as the world’s first* Newspaper Album, comprising:
Two clear 10″ vinyl records in a purpose-built record sleeve.
A compact disc.
Many large sheets of artwork, 625 tiny pieces of artwork and a full-colour piece of oxo-degradeable plastic to hold it all together.
The Newspaper Album comes with a digital download that is compatible with all good digital media players.
The Newspaper Album will be shipped on Monday 9th May 2011 you can, however, enjoy the download on Saturday 19th February 2011.
Shipping is included in the prices shown.
One lucky owner of the digital version of The King Of Limbs, purchased from this website, will receive a signed 2 track 12″ vinyl.
*perhaps

Update: The album will, however, be on general release on CD and 12” vinyl in all music stores and digital retailers from March 28th. As with their previous album ‘In Rainbows’ the band will partner with XL Recordings (TBD Records in the USA & Canada and Hostess Entertainment in Japan & Asia).

I'm looking forward to overrating or underrating this. :hyper:

Good point, I find the new album to be drastically underrated at this point. I mean, mainstream radio is playing it AT ALL, and they weren't even nominated for a single Grammy last night.

You know who else had their thunder stolen by his album news? R.E.E.M.

The fact that they also have an album coming out soon is almost an afterthought as far as I'm concerned.

You know who else had their thunder stolen by his album news? R.E.E.M.

The fact that they also have an album coming out soon is almost an afterthought as far as I'm concerned.

Looks like R.E.M. announced their new album back on November 25! That's an eternity in internet time. I think Radiohead has it right: Announce on Monday and out on Saturday.

" The King of Limbs is a reference to an oak tree in Wiltshire, England's Savernake Forest. Thought to be more than 1,000 years old, the ancient tree and Savernake Forest are located close to Tottenham House, where Radiohead recorded part of In Rainbows "

It's their Joshua Tree

I dont know if I should be discussing the album here or in the other thread....What if I chose the wrong one? What if someone writes something cool in the other and I dont read it? uuuuhhhh. what do I do? :panic:

Stipe has become the King of Turds.

He's trying pretty hard to be the King of Beards.

epits.jpg

I'll get the new R.E.M. from iTunes. I haven't been terribly excited by what I've heard so far. Sounds just like the last two records to my ears.

The last two albums sound nothing alike. WTF are you talking about?

Did anyone actually get a confirmation who preordered it? The page sorta just moved back to the main page when I tried to process. Tried to log in, and it says I have no valid orders.

this happened to me, i'll try again. i don't know whether to get the whole "kit and caboodle" or just get the download and then buy the CD/vinyl later.

It's their Joshua Tree

haha nice one.

I dont know if I should be discussing the album here or in the other thread....What if I chose the wrong one? What if someone writes something cool in the other and I dont read it? uuuuhhhh. what do I do? :panic:

Yeah, maybe these threads should be merged.

this happened to me, i'll try again. i don't know whether to get the whole "kit and caboodle" or just get the download and then buy the CD/vinyl later.

Your order didn't actually process if that happened. You may have not fixed the expiration date, or clicked on the check box on the terms and conditions.

I like Discoverer, but haven't really loved the other songs I've heard from REM's new one. I'm sorta expecting another album like the last. A fun listen if you're already a fan, but nothing any of us will be talking much about a few months later. I'd certainly love to be proven wrong and get something amazing though.

Dang, the site wouldn't take either of my credit cards. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'll try again later, and maybe I'll go the PayPal route instead.

yeah I tried over and over again to pre-order...I even went to the bank quickly to check i wasnt just bankrupt but I've got more than enough in there to buy it....

after a dozen more tries I thought hey I may as well get the .WAV so I can burn it to a CD and be certain the quality's the best it can be. and oddly enough as soon as I ordered the .WAV download version of the newspaper set for an extra three quid instead of the mp3 bundle...it fucking worked haha

Same discussion already going on in the other thread.

I guess we should figure out which place to discuss this, and then shun everyone who discusses it in the wrong area.

8 isn't bad, particularly considering we don't know track lengths.

yeah, i know was having a hard time deciding which one to post this in.. :shrug: go ahead and shun me I can take it..:D

We could request a merge of the threads? Like a sort of merger of the two threads. Like when Exxon and Mobil merged.

If so, I say we keep this thread title. It's cleaner, and Elfa made it.

We could request a merge of the threads? Like a sort of merger of the two threads. Like when Exxon and Mobil merged.

If so, I say we keep this thread title. It's cleaner, and Elfa made it.

I think something to do with the new album should be included, as that's all anyone is really coming to mention (also it will avoid new threads created by people who don't visit often). Also, it's quick news for people who look infrequently or don't visit other music sites. Just seeing a huge Radiohead thread won't queue people onto things.

Those are all valid points, however I'm disappointed that my mention of Elfa didn't lure you into making a post about ending his miserable life.

I think something to do with the new album should be included, as that's all anyone is really coming to mention (also it will avoid new threads created by people who don't visit often). Also, it's quick news for people who look infrequently or don't visit other music sites. Just seeing a huge Radiohead thread won't queue people onto things.

Radiohead Discussion Thread Part II: The King Of Limbs

Screw it, let's just use the other one, this album release warrants it's own thread, and shouldn't just be lost in the general band discussion thread.

Come join me and my merry men and "women and children first" in the other thread

Back
Top Bottom