Radiohead Discussion Thread Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
charles_barkley.jpg

well today i finally listened to Pablo Honey.

it's not a bad album by any stretch of the imagination! not the Radiohead we know and love, but it's enjoyable (much more so than Amnesiac, in my revered opinion) and leaving aside Creep contains two or three pretty damn good songs. Blow Out being the highlight.

and so with no further ado,

In Rainbows
OK Computer
Kid A
The Bends

Hail to the Thief
Pablo Honey

Amnesiac

LOL at this being better than Amnesiac.

Pyramid Song is better than everything on that piece of shit put together. And so is Life in a Glasshouse.

was definitely joking there NSW, i think people more often than not just notice, or ignore my opinion :lol:

Pyramid Song is better than everything on that piece of shit put together. And so is Life in a Glasshouse.
i completely agree with that statement! and i would add Packt to that as well.

it's just that (i think) the rest of it is mostly deplorable!

Just not my cup of tea.

Up until recently, I also thought Kid A was overrated. Thought it was good, but not great....then I gave it some listens not so long ago, as it had been a while....and for whatever reason I liked it a lot more than ever. A lot more.

Maybe you'll come around to Amnesiac at some point as well then.

Random: I'm a big fan of pretty much all of the Amnesiac b-sides.

Maybe you'll come around to Amnesiac at some point as well then.

Random: I'm a big fan of pretty much all of the Amnesiac b-sides.

Maybe.

I mean, I never ever thought Kid A was anything less than good...it just jumped to great, for me, recently is all. It was a pleasant surprise, trust me. One of my favorite concerts, ever, was seeing Radiohead at Lolla...both GAF and I have commented on this show, it was just perfect in many ways.

Outside of the universal feelings towards Pablo Honey, Amnesiac and Hail to the Thief are the two that some fans seem to have problem with. I personally have always been surprised that someone could not like one of those albums, or both, but like the rest of their work. Neither feel that much different than anything else they've done to me personally, but it's admittedly hard to look at those albums subjectively at this point. I'd understand a distaste towards Thom's solo album far before either of those two, as I think it's a bit weaker than anything the band has done other than Pablo Honey. That said, I still like it as well.

In the long run, we all have different tastes and opinions. For most things, I couldn't even begin to try to explain why I do or don't like things, I just do.

I rarely am able to explain why I like or dislike something, and so I don't often attempt to explain. It sort of is what it is. I mean, as it pertains to music. I'm better able to explain why I liked or disliked a book, for instance.

But I will say that Radiohead's sound, to my ears, has evolved or changed over the years and so it's hard for me to agree that all of their albums sound reminiscent of one another. But that's just me, maybe they do sound alike and I cannot even tell. :shrug:

Yeah, I guess it's not that they all sound similar, but that they seem to progress from each other or something. At least they do in my head.

Back
Top Bottom