Radiohead Discussion Thread Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I popped my Radiohead cherry at Lolla two years ago. The set was wonderful, and approached transcendent at times. (Someone probably slipped some pills in my drink.)

I was in such a good mood that night. We had just traded for Junior Griffey like the day before, which came completely out of nowhere, and we were primed for a nice playoff push.

The performance of "Reckoner" is probably one of the most memorable live moments I've ever seen. So many highlights.

And I really, really wanted them to play "2+2=5" and then, POOF, they played that shit in the second encore. And finished with a wild "Idioteque." Awesome.

We ended up winning the division. And Radiohead is still cool. So everything is good in life.

I popped my Radiohead cherry at Lolla two years ago. The set was wonderful, and approached transcendent at times. (Someone probably slipped some pills in my drink.)

I was in such a good mood that night. We had just traded for Junior Griffey like the day before, which came completely out of nowhere, and we were primed for a nice playoff push.

The performance of "Reckoner" is probably one of the most memorable live moments I've ever seen. So many highlights.

And I really, really wanted them to play "2+2=5" and then, POOF, they played that shit in the second encore. And finished with a wild "Idioteque." Awesome.

We ended up winning the division. And Radiohead is still cool. So everything is good in life.

Not only was it a sublime performance, not only was it a gorgeous night out after some sweltering daytime hear, but, out of nowhere fucking fireworks went off during their set. The explosions were reflected in an adjacent building on Michigan Avenue.....it was perfect.

Not only was it a sublime performance, not only was it a gorgeous night out after some sweltering daytime hear, but, out of nowhere fucking fireworks went off during their set. The explosions were reflected in an adjacent building on Michigan Avenue.....it was perfect.

At any point did you think to yourself, "I'm not here, this isn't happening"?

I've seen them a bunch of times, but I hadn't heard 'Planet Telex' since The Bends tour. So at All Points West in Statue of Liberty State Park, I was hoping for it on APW Night #1, but no, we got 'The Bends' that night. So then the next night, it's the encore and there's a bit of a break between songs, and all I heard was Johnny soundcheck one quick note and I FREAKED THE SHIT OUT and screamed so loud people rows in front of me were turning around to see who the maniac screaming "PLANET TELEX. OH MY GOD, YESSSSSSSS! PLANET TELEX!!!!!!" was. :lol:

Night #2, I finally got my 'Planet Telex' after waiting 13 years to hear it again. :heart: :love: :heart:

Once I tried to listen to their albums. Finally, I'm not a fan of them (not my cup of tea :(), but I like some songs, such as "Street spirit" and "Karma police". From albums I remembered most of all "Kid A", as for me, best album of Radiohead.

Swallow till ya burst bitch.

Anyway, Planet Telex is my favourite The Bends song. :love:

ah, fitz, the only other Sulk fan here i know :D

Hellz yes! It's pretty much a toss-up between 'Sulk' and 'Planet Telex' as my fave from T.B.

And, if I may be so bold, I would also like to remind peeps that (for these B&C threads) I was the big champion and praiser of 'All I Need' as the best song during the '06 tour, before In Rainbows came out. At the time, I seemed to be the only one with that opinion, and now . . . :whistle:

:wink:

It's difficult to justify "Sulk" being on the record while "Talk Show Host" was also available.

It's not that long of an album, you could always have both.

Maquiladora is the best of the three. :shh:

Sulk is cool, but want to feel really alone liking a track?
Try Pulk/Pull Revolving Doors like me :wink: it's on my top 10 of all their songs and I never saw any Radiohead fan using a compliment when talking about it... hell, it's hard to see people talking about it at all. :lol:

I like it as well, orange cat. Hunting Bears is one of my most listened to tracks from Amnesiac, so I feel your pain.

Dollars and Cents is mine, and it seems like people always forget about it.

I like Pulk/Pull as well.

You wanna talk minority, you gotta go with songs you DON'T like. I'm in the very small group who thinks How to Disappear Completely is boring and overrated, and nowhere near one of their best songs, best slow songs, whatever.

I also don't think Idioteque is good enough to be played at every show.

And I think My Iron Lung is the worst song on The Bends.

Yes, you're in the minority on all three of those. The vast minority.

I think Backdrifting and The Gloaming are incredibly blah, and pretty miserable examples of their respective influences. My opinions on Cymbal Rush fits right in with those as well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom