Radiohead Discussion Thread Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, but he's willingly in one of the worst popular bands of all time, and has contributed extensively to one of the worst not-so-popular bands of all time, The Mars Volta. I love that somebody can be confused about that, too--"I mean, why does he get so much shit? I know he's in a terrible band, but it's mostly the singer's fault!" Brilliant.

He's hardly going to ruin a show, or anything. He can play bass, can't write songs, and acts like a fucking idiot. He's well within he rights, and Back to the Future II was too long ago for me still to hold that over his head. I just need someone to hate on, so that I can blow off steam on account of the flamboyantly overpriced tickets. He's easy, as I already hate him.

I enjoy "Mouse Dog Bird" with no reservations. The other two sounded a bit less polished/practiced, but still largely agreeable.

Yes, but he's willingly in one of the worst popular bands of all time, and has contributed extensively to one of the worst not-so-popular bands of all time, The Mars Volta. I love that somebody can be confused about that, too--"I mean, why does he get so much shit? I know he's in a terrible band, but it's mostly the singer's fault!" Brilliant.

He's hardly going to ruin a show, or anything. He can play bass, can't write songs, and acts like a fucking idiot. He's well within he rights, and Back to the Future II was too long ago for me still to hold that over his head. I just need someone to hate on, so that I can blow off steam on account of the flamboyantly overpriced tickets. He's easy, as I already hate him.
each to their own. i've always liked Flea, the RHCP, and The Mars Volta have a number of songs which i actively enjoy. :shrug:

here's a song of his, which i think is pretty damn great.

YouTube - Flea - I've been down

but this is a Radiohead thread, so i'll stop.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to increase odds of scoring tickets for the upcoming TYorke/Atoms show in New York? I know that they go on sale through waste on March 2, but I've never purchased show tickets through waste before. Anything special I need to know? Thanks.

Well, your best bet is hitting refresh every so often. Plan a sleep schedule around it (I had a friend who was awake when I was asleep and vice versa). Last time it was something around 6 or 7 AM CST, so close to noon GMT.

Well, your best bet is hitting refresh every so often. Plan a sleep schedule around it (I had a friend who was awake when I was asleep and vice versa). Last time it was something around 6 or 7 AM CST, so close to noon GMT.

Thanks. Noon GMT will be 7 am on the US east coast for me on Tuesday. I have jury duty of all things that day, and I have to be at the courthouse at 8 am. Some unlucky chap is going to the electric chair if I don't get tickets.

Well, don't take the noon GMT thing as gospel. The tickets could pop up at any time. Was just relaying what happened for the tour behind In Rainbows.

Knuckles, did you score the tix? After all that, they ended up going on sale at a normal 10:01-10:02! I got very lucky and got a pair to the second NYC show, very excited! :hyper:

Knuckles, did you score the tix? After all that, they ended up going on sale at a normal 10:01-10:02! I got very lucky and got a pair to the second NYC show, very excited! :hyper:

Congratulations on your success. I wasn't as lucky. I was checking the site from my phone every few minutes since I woke up today. At 10 am it said the sale time still had not been determined. I checked a minute later and got the same message. By 10:02, I checked again and it said "on sale now", but that the allocation had been exhausted. So I guess the sold out in a minute or less. Too bad. I'm sure there were very few tickets available. Enjoy the show!

(PS to any concerned. I had jury duty today, but no one got "the chair". It was a felony burglary case. The defendant allegedly burglarized a local courthouse twice, and stole money from the clerk's office. That's one gutsy guy. The prosecutor ejected me from the panel during selection.)

Congratulations on your success. I wasn't as lucky. I was checking the site from my phone every few minutes since I woke up today. At 10 am it said the sale time still had not been determined. I checked a minute later and got the same message. By 10:02, I checked again and it said "on sale now", but that the allocation had been exhausted. So I guess the sold out in a minute or less. Too bad. I'm sure there were very few tickets available. Enjoy the show!

(PS to any concerned. I had jury duty today, but no one got "the chair". It was a felony burglary case. The defendant allegedly burglarized a local courthouse twice, and stole money from the clerk's office. That's one gutsy guy. The prosecutor ejected me from the panel during selection.)

My sympathy on jury duty...I had to do it a couple of weeks ago, fortunately I didn't even get called for a selection panel so I was sprung after a day. Never got so much work done as I did that day!

I heard the pre-sale only had 300 tix for each show so there'll be 10x that on sale Saturday (of course with 8x the people...)

Does this excite anyone?

familial452.jpg

Radiohead drummer Phil Selway reveals solo album details | News | NME.COM

Back
Top Bottom