Radiohead Discussion Thread Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love The Gloaming, and I like We Suck just fine. I totally get why people don't like We Suck but I've never had a problem with it even though there is that part where Thom sounds like a dying animal. Radiohead rarely, if ever, actually annoy me.

It was a special that was aired on music channels a little after In Rainbows came out I believe. A lot of the HD music channels still air it every few weeks.

I downloaded "From the Basement" from iTunes. But you have to search "Radiohead" and then go to their "Videos" section. You have to download each video/song individually, but when you play it back on your iPod or iPhone, you get song and studio performance video. For a CD, I just made a playlist from the videos and burned it to CD (for the car). You won't regret it.

Myxomatosis live from the basement is epic, including weird arm movements of Thom Yorke.

Was "Myxomatosis" the song Thom said something about Wagner after? Racist.

Who knows. When he's not singing, he may as well be a teacher on Charlie Brown. I typically can't understand anything he says.

I downloaded "From the Basement" from iTunes. But you have to search "Radiohead" and then go to their "Videos" section. You have to download each video/song individually, but when you play it back on your iPod or iPhone, you get song and studio performance video. For a CD, I just made a playlist from the videos and burned it to CD (for the car). You won't regret it.

This is information I needed. Now If I can only 1. Find the time 2. Get my old comp to burn cds again.

Thom Yorke Names New Band Atoms For Peace, Announces Tour

Radiohead frontman Thom Yorke announced today (Feb. 25) that his side project, now officially named Atoms for Peace, will play an eight-date U.S. tour leading up to its performance at the Coachella Music & Arts Festival. The band's trek will kick off at New York's Roseland Ballroom on April 5-6 and hit the Santa Barbara Bowl in California on April 17, the day before its headlining gig at the Indio, Calif. fest.

Previously billed as ????, Atoms for Peace -- named after a song on Yorke's 2006 solo album "The Eraser" -- consists of Flea of the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Beck drummer Joey Waronker, producer Nigel Godrich, and Forro in the Dark percussionist Mauro Refosco. Yorke first unveiled the group last October at Los Angeles' Orpheum Theater.

In a Thursday morning post on Radiohead's Dead Air Space blog, Yorke wrote, "Ok so in April the other band.. that i got together to do the eraser and other stuff u know .. Mauro, Flea, Me, Joey and Nigel is going back out to do some shows in the US.. ending with playing with Coachella. we had too much fun to just leave it there..."

Of the new Atoms for Piece moniker, Yorke said, "Hope you like the name.. it seemed bleedin' obvious."

Here are Atoms for Peace's tour dates:

Apr. 5: New York, N.Y. (Roseland Ballroom)
Apr. 6: New York, N.Y. (Roseland Ballroom)
Apr. 8: Boston, Mass. (Citi Wang Theatre)
Apr. 10: Chicago, Ill. (Aragon Ballroom)
Apr. 11: Chicago, Ill. (Aragon Ballroom)
Apr. 14: Oakland, Calif. (Fox Theater)
Apr. 15: Oakland, Calif. (Fox Theater)
Apr. 17: Santa Barbara, Calif. (Santa Barbara Bowl)

Thom Yorke Names New Band Atoms For Peace, Announces Tour | Billboard.com

Ah, just when I square away all my U2 tix, another ticket rush appears... Have always had a love/hate relationship with w.a.s.t.e. - hate that you have to go on watch for tickets, love that it actually gets me tix... :D But, yay! East Coast love from Thom at last...

$47+ for a show at the shit-ass Aragon is absurd, but I'm sure I'll wind up going to one of those shows. Fucking robbery, though. Jesus. That's retarded.

It's Thom Yorke, what did you expect, Shouter? That would be considered inexpensive for a Radiohead show, count your blessings.

It's a fucking supergroup. The least bang you can possibly get for your buck. Honestly, $47 is decent to see Thom Yorke and Flea on the same stage. Acid good enough to conjure up that sort of surrealism would set you back further than that.

The last time I saw Radiohead away from Lollapalooza, it was $35 and it was a full-on, outdoor spectacle. Just saying. Also, I feel that I should be the one getting paid to watch Flea play, rather than paying to watch him play. I'm excited, make no mistake. I will gladly go. I just wish that the show was cheaper. Especially since, again, they should be paying us to go to shows at the Aragon. If there are ANY fees, I'm going to be outraged, since no physical tickets will even be printed.

Also, I feel that I should be the one getting paid to watch Flea play, rather than paying to watch him play.

Flea stopped believing in anything after Frusciante left RHCP.

nihilists.jpg

Where's the money, Shouter?

Back
Top Bottom