Radiohead Discussion Thread Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My thoughts are misguided and a little naive, though.

:lol:

you've seen them live, though, yes?

Weird Fishes is far and away my favourite Radiohead track.

the only songs from Amnesiac that would possibly find their way on to a Kid A/Amnesiac playlist for me are Packt, Pyramid Song and Life in a Glasshouse. the others i can all do without.

well see the back half of that track is pretty good, but nothing spectacular. i think i actually prefer the crappy John Frusciante live version that's floating around on youtube sometimes.

and being presumptuous, i'll just say that yes, I Might Be Wrong has a great riff, but Thom ruins the song with a nothing vocal.

I like this one:

1. "Everything in Its Right Place"
2. "Kid A"
3. "The National Anthem"
4. "How to Disappear Completely"
5. "Treefingers"
6. "Optimistic"
7. "In Limbo"
8. "Idioteque"
9. "Morning Bell"
10. "Motion Picture Soundtrack"
1. "Packt Like Sardines in a Crushd Tin Box"
2. "Pyramid Song"
3. "Pulk/Pull Revolving Doors"
4. "You and Whose Army?"
5. "I Might Be Wrong"
6. "Knives Out"
7. "Morning Bell/Amnesiac"
8. "Dollars & Cents"
9. "Hunting Bears"
10. "Like Spinning Plates"
11. "Life in a Glasshouse"

:love:

well see the back half of that track is pretty good, but nothing spectacular. i think i actually prefer the crappy John Frusciante live version that's floating around on youtube sometimes.

and being presumptuous, i'll just say that yes, I Might Be Wrong has a great riff, but Thom ruins the song with a nothing vocal.
Thom's vocals make that song. I love the way how he sings "I might be wrong" in the beginning. It's creepy but it fits the song.

And House Of Cards sucks. One of their worst songs.

I love House Of Cards. I've never understood the hate. It's a great song. :heart:

Oh, and new Radiohead...:drool:

I think In Rainbows is incredible!!! Probably one of the best albums EVER MADE!!!
I think of it as a Revolver of these times!

Every song is perfect, except for Faust Arp, I'm not overly mad on that one, still a pretty good tune tho!!! I can't wait for their new album!!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

I'm going to take a wild shot in the dark and guess that it'll sound just like all their other live performances.

There is truth in your jokery, LeMeL.

It was even worse when you had to spend $50 for a freaking 2CD bootleg of a concert.

I've never understood bootleg culture and likely never will.

Unless it's a show I attended, or a random song here or there that I've never heard live, I typically have no interest. I always feel like I like a good live album as much as the next person, but not enough to listen to concert after concert of the same artist.

That's exactly how I feel. A live album is one thing. Collecting each show for however many dates of a tour doesn't do much for me though. Even bootlegs of shows I've attended don't do pique my interest unless they're professionally done (see the version of "Otis Redding" on THE OKK!'s Golden Opportunities Mixtape).

I went to great lengths to split up iTunes' Podcast of Radiohead's Santa Barbara show from the last tour since I, Joyful, and Martha were there.

I've only listened through the entire thing once.

I went to great lengths to split up iTunes' Podcast of Radiohead's Santa Barbara show from the last tour since I, Joyful, and Martha were there.

I've only listened through the entire thing once.

I still feel warmth toward you for doing that. I listen to that show now and again because it's very close to a real live album.

I's like a 'leg of Thommy's Orpheum Theatre shows just because they were so damn good.

oh brother.. sorry i even posted..:angry:

You shouldn't be, we're just throwing our own craziness out there. Despite our douchebagginess, I'm fairly certain none of us think less of you or anyone who likes bootlegs, nor did we mean to offend. More power to anyone who likes bootlegs and the like, as at the end of the day, we all like what we like. Plus, I certainly appreciate others spending the time and effort to go through a lot of this kinda stuff and let others know which shows/ recordings/or songs are the best quality wise. I know I've ended up with a few really awesome live versions of tracks from nice people who've put in the time to check this stuff out, which I appreciate.

Back
Top Bottom