Radiohead – A Moon Shaped Pool

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did Chris Martin suggest the album title?

Also, these guys went to private boarding school; you'd think they'd know proper grammar.

I absolutely love what they did with Silent Spring. I feel that both Identikit and Ful Stop are big improvements over the 2012 live versions (love the new intro for Identikit). True Love Waits... not so much.

But there's tons of stuff going on so I'll wait a bit for further impressions.

If you ever wanted to know what would happen if Faust ARP and Reckoner were mashed together, have I got the album for you!

That shimmering guitar line in Tinker Tailor Soldier Sailor oh my GOD

I'm liking this song a lot. Jonny is all over this record, which is not surprising.

There's tons of atmosphere on this album. I think only Kid A qualifies as being this moody and cinematic in my book.

I'm liking this song a lot. Jonny is all over this record, which is not surprising.

There's tons of atmosphere on this album. I think only Kid A qualifies as being this moody and cinematic in my book.

It's the only track here that really employs their electronic influences, but in a subtle Backdrifts sort of way, not like a full on Thom solo track. The jittery, ominous outro definitely reminds me of HTTT. It could be an absolute beast live.

True Love Waits sounds good, they did a great job of applying the album's overall aesthetic to it in order to make it fit.

The reviews are making me even more excited to listen to this. The power of Radiohead. #1 on the U.S. iTunes Store, dethroning Drake and Beyoncé. :bow:

Last edited:
I just miss the guitar on True Love Waits. Those hammer-ons. One of my favourite songs to play on the guitar.

The acoustic guitar remained on Desert Island Disk and The Numbers so I don't think it would be out of place.

On my second listen. The intro to Glass Eyes is indeed gorgeous.

My only disappointment is that the two singles were right at the beginning. I was hoping to hear them contextualized in an interesting way. But, honestly, Burn the Witch is a pretty powerful opener. Not sure what else I would slot there. Plus, Daydreaming and Decks Dark are a great duo.

It's funny how well the alphabetical track listing turned out.

They must have changed sime song titels to make it work. Probably why Silent Spring is now The Numbers.

Sent from my H60-L04 using U2 Interference mobile app

It's funny how well the alphabetical track listing turned out.

Maybe they renamed Silent Spring just so it would fit this pattern!

But seriously, that song. The piano in the background. :drool: I liked the acoustic version Thom played in Paris last year but I didn't expect it to be this good.

Stupid Dutch autocorrect.

What is the first line of True Love Waits? I've read somewhere that it's ...to have you be in peace. But it sounds an awful lot like ...to have your babies which would be one of the worst lyrics ever.

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but True Love Waits in this form is a significant improvement over the I Might Be Wrong version. That off-kilter piano makes it a bit unsettling and brings a new dimension to the lyrics.

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but True Love Waits in this form is a significant improvement over the I Might Be Wrong version. That off-kilter piano makes it a bit unsettling and brings a new dimension to the lyrics.

I'm totally with you. I wasn't a big fan of this song before but I love this.

Guys, I'm so in love with this record.

I think it's fine. It's always a great song and they didn't fuck it up. It's a good closer. I prefer Thom's vocal on the live version, but that's about the only thing pulling me one way or the other.

I'm going to wait until later on tonight to listen to this again. Seems like a night record.

i'm thus far disappointed.

but i'm happy to see that i seem to be in the vast minority, so hopefully with a few more listens things will hopefully improve.

identikit and ful stop have been butchered... nigel again neutered the fuck out of them.

identikit and ful stop have been butchered... nigel again neutered the fuck out of them.

The opposite for me. Identikit doesn't sound like it's three songs in one anymore, it flows organically and has a much better intro and outro (closest thing to a Jonny guitar solo since the OK Computer days). Ful Stop is also a huge improvement, with the bassline being more in the background and the synths creating this ominous mood all throughout.

True Love Waits is the only disappointment for me so far. Even though there isn't a track here that reaches the heights of their best songs, it is very cohesive and consistent - I don't think there's a single dud here, which I can't say for any of their records after Kid A.

This album occupies a similar place as Kid A for me so far: relatively few tracks I would consider among their best (at least compared to OK Computer and The Bends), but as a whole it's brilliant.

Limbs was like two EPs smashed together and the second EP was way better.

This album occupies a similar place as Kid A for me so far: relatively few tracks I would consider among their best (at least compared to OK Computer and The Bends), but as a whole it's brilliant

Damn, Everything in Its Right Place and Idioteque are both all-timers for me - not just for Radiohead but for any band.

I'm not crazy about How to Disappear Conpletely, without which minor fault Kid A would be about perfect for me. I'd still say it's their most consistency and cohesive album.

Back
Top Bottom