Radiohead – A Moon Shaped Pool

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Their most recent set had four songs from AMSP, five songs from OKC, six from In Rainbows, two songs from Kid A and two from The Bends, with the rest getting a song or two. The only issue one could possibly have with that ratio is In Rainbows taking center stage when OKC and AMSP are what's being promoted, but complaining about getting six In Rainbows songs at A Radiohead show is probably the cringiest first world problem in existence.

That Glasgow set is 10 times better than what I got on the King of Limbs tour.

My OKNOTOK boxset arrived. My god, it's so beautiful. So much effort has gone into it. I think I paid $160 AUD or so for it, it's easily worth that. Cannot wait to sit down with it.

In Rainbows made no sense, but the OK Computer one was genius. Had a good, hard laugh at HTTT too.

I dug Eraser for a while when it came out. I seldom listen to it much these days (never really enters my mind to do so), but I really should revisit it.

The final three songs are the best three on the album, for me:

And it rained all night
Harrowdown Hill
Cymbal Rush

Such a stellar trio.

The Eraser is the only one of Thom Yorke’s solo work that does anything for me. I would add the title track as one of that album’s best songs.

I've never heard it, I don't think.

I thought his last solo album was great. Nothing super special but a satisfying spin I gave plenty of listens.

How have so few Radiohead fans heard The Eraser? It's definitely better than the band's weakest material.

Cymbal Rush is a fantastic song. Radiohead should have had a go at that one in the studio.

The title track is great. And I agree with LeMel, every Radiohead fan should listen to it.

You mean Pablo Honey?

Not exactly a high bar.

Pablo Honey is a perfectly serviceable alternative rock album from 1993. Yes, it's dated. Yes, what came later is better.

But I don't think Radiohead has anything close to a bad album so, yes, I'm saying The Eraser maintains that standard of quality.

Back
Top Bottom