Radiohead – A Moon Shaped Pool

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When did they stop playing Burn the Witch? Strange that they would drop their lead single this quickly, given that they still play 5-6 songs off that album.

anyone hear the new music that leaked? i haven't, but if anyone knows where i can find man o war and lift, i'd be much horny.

thanks

... thanks for nothing, you monsters.

Nevertheless these two "new" songs are absolutely immense

ooh la la.

very different production values between lift and the other two newly released tracks. no question man of war was put together recently... seems very much in the same vein as spectre

Read quite a few times this week that it was finished off for Spectre but when the Bond people got wind it was 20 years old (not to mention already attempted for another spy franchise) they were asked to do a new song instead.

Imagine having both tunes rejected in favour of Sam Smith... I guess they get the last laugh though, not having their name attached to such a terrible film. :lol:

And yeah Lift sounds like a live run through in the studio rather than something that had any serious work done.

Its one of my favourite songs, specifically the Pinkpop recording, so I didn't want to go in expecting too much. Glad it's the same arrangement, but this did sound a bit flat, especially the vocals.

Not to worry, still got the old one to listen to, not the end of the world!

Read quite a few times this week that it was finished off for Spectre but when the Bond people got wind it was 20 years old (not to mention already attempted for another spy franchise) they were asked to do a new song instead.

Imagine having both tunes rejected in favour of Sam Smith... I guess they get the last laugh though, not having their name attached to such a terrible film. :lol:

ok, that makes sense. i thought i'd read somewhere about that...

and yeah, nice work Bond folks. sam smith instead of your choice of two radiohead songs, brilliant work

Still waiting for my fkn boxset to arrive before I listen, grr.

PS - Spectre is such a great song, I'd comfortably rate it among Radiohead's top 10 per cent or so.

Incredible. Managed to catch half of it this morning. The festival were just streaming the BBC broadcast live in HD on their Twitch account, bloody marvelous. :lol:

I really really want them to play the same set at Rock Werchter. But I'm not holding my breath. They only seem to play these greatest hits shows at English festivals. A few more songs from AMSP wouldn't hurt though.

Watching Lucky and Creep from the Glasto set, is it me or is Thom's voice stronger than a few years ago? He really nailed both songs with his full voice.

God, I'm so excited for the show next week. Haven't felt that way since the last time I saw Radiohead 5 years ago.

I may just purchase OKNOTOK. I own the album proper from years ago, and have the b sides in a lesser quality compilation that a mate put together for me a few years ago.

But I adore some of the b-sides, in particular Melatonin and Meeting in the Aisle, so would be good to own all these in a proper format. The three "new" tracks are cool to own as well.

I preordered the vinyl but it's been postponed it seems to early July. Besides I Promise and Man of War, I'm going to wait until I get the record to hear the rest together.

Ok I must have joined the thread too late, but what are these new songs?

Are they older songs never released or new songs for a EP?

Back
Top Bottom