Radiohead – A Moon Shaped Pool

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
THE FORK! says 9.1

I originally guessed 9.2 but bumped it up to 9.4 a split second before clicking on the review. There don't seem to be any misgivings or criticisms at all, so not sure why it wasn't even higher.

For reference, TKOL received a 7.9 and In Rainbows a 9.3

I predicted 9.1 exactly after my first listen, but honestly expected a 9.5 after spending more time with it.

Once albums get into the 9 range, it's difficult to judge by the reviews why it received the exact decimal that it did.

Liking the love Present Tense got the last few pages.

When my world comes crashing down, I'll be dancing with the incoming drums is my favorite moment on the entire album.

I can only listen to this album with head phones on and my eyes closed while not sneezing. Any other way and it becomes ignorable background music.

I think I like this album even more than In Rainbows.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I had this album ranked as a 9.257369. After a few more listens it went up .000065 points.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I think it's a very, very good album. Could be my favourite Radiohead album since OKC.

The first few listens gave me the same feelings I had listening to OK Computer/Kid A as a teenager, knowing you've come across an album that's deeply profound and multi-faceted. Reaaaally looking forward to how it'll unravel over multiple listens

Same here. I never thought Radiohead would fill me with the same wonder they did as a teen picking buying their 95-01 albums, but they've done it. I love all of their albums and they've never disappointed me, but this album is really special.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using U2 Interference mobile app

I think I look forward more to Radiohead release because I know they will create an album, and not just a collection of songs. Sometimes they go a bit too far into the studio magic for me, but it's more of a journey with them.

I think I look forward more to Radiohead release because I know they will create an album, and not just a collection of songs. Sometimes they go a bit too far into the studio magic for me, but it's more of a journey with them.

It's a musical journey.

i guess it's futile to rank radiohead albums... but this, in its very own, is worthy of anyone's time, at any time.

what a great record.

i guess it's futile to rank radiohead albums... but this, in its very own, is worthy of anyone's time, at any time.

what a great record.

I guess it's fair to say you've changed your mind?

i'm thus far disappointed.

but i'm happy to see that i seem to be in the vast minority, so hopefully with a few more listens things will hopefully improve.

identikit and ful stop have been butchered... nigel again neutered the fuck out of them.

I figured he would.

I am missing cobbler in this discussion. He needs to return from whatever wasteland he's in.

He needs to return from whatever wasteland he's in.

Road4.jpg

I picture Cobbler's annual adventure through the outback looking something like Fury Road, but in a 2001 Kia Rio and with no women in sight.

Interesting that a poll is going on at the ateaseweb forum and Decks Dark is currently winning the best song poll.

I really like the song but not my absolute favorite on the album.

I had my first non-headphone listen through the album today, and somehow it sounded even better played loud. The music is quite expansive. I'm thinking the vinyl will sound amazing.

Interesting that a poll is going on at the ateaseweb forum and Decks Dark is currently winning the best song poll.

I really like the song but not my absolute favorite on the album.

They're fucking deranged.

Those people actually make me like the band less. I'm sure some would say the same about Interference, but whatever.

Back
Top Bottom