Radiohead – A Moon Shaped Pool

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok I must have joined the thread too late, but what are these new songs?

Are they older songs never released or new songs for a EP?

OKC era tracks; never released but they have all been played live at some point. Studio versions of Lift and Big Boots (Man of War) have been the holy grail for many a Radiohead fan for years.

I can remember some review from back in the day (of said album) that praised Scatterbrain in a sort of backhanded way that implied it was close to being like U2, but not quite, and this was a good thing (naturally). I'm still not sure what the reviewer was on about.

Scatterbrain is one of this band's most severely underrated songs. I never hear it get talked about and that's a shame.

Fantastic song, and the one-two punch of that and Wolf at the Door is one of the highlights of their catalogue. Scatterbrain is one of those songs that instantly puts me back in a very specific time and place.

Scatterbrain is one of this band's most severely underrated songs. I never hear it get talked about and that's a shame.

Scatterbrain is gorgeous. The whole second half of HTTT, from There There on, is fucking fantastic. HTTT gets shit on entirely too much. But we've already had this debate many times.

Scatterbrain :heart:

Fuck this band amazing. We basically got OKC + In Rainbows but those are both in my top three so I don't mind.

Agreed on Scatterbrain, great song. The Four Tet remix on Com Lag is definitely worth a listen too. As is the whole EP actually! (though I've not got much time for Remyxomatosis)

If Peef went to a show where OK Computer was guaranteed to be played in full, they would play I Will 30 times instead.

Finally got around to these new OKNOTOK tracks. I know a lot of reviewers are making a huge deal about how they signify a road not taken for the band, but to my ears all three fit very comfortably into The Bends' sound and structure. For that reason I'm not surprised they didn't make the cut for OKC. Listening back through these tracks, though, I'm reminded that Pearly and Meeting in the Aisle are fantastic.

Why is everyone taking things so seriously in here of late, geez. The ~serious~ translation of that post is that it sounds like a phoned-in White Album song.

Finally got around to these new OKNOTOK tracks. I know a lot of reviewers are making a huge deal about how they signify a road not taken for the band, but to my ears all three fit very comfortably into The Bends' sound and structure. For that reason I'm not surprised they didn't make the cut for OKC. Listening back through these tracks, though, I'm reminded that Pearly and Meeting in the Aisle are fantastic.
That's what I always thought back when I only knew the three "new" songs from old live clips. They didn't sound like OKC, instead they took inspiration from the era in which they were written. Perhaps that was part of the reason why they were rejected after the OKC sessions concluded.

Why is everyone taking things so seriously in here of late, geez. The ~serious~ translation of that post is that it sounds like a phoned-in White Album song.

We're never going to find any common ground on this. Thom puts so much into his delivery that the last thing I'd say the song sounds like is 'phoned in'.

Whatever. Agree to disagree.

It's not that bad. But then I find a lot of the second half pretty meh. I don't often go out of my way to listen to Punchup or Myxomatosis. They're fine, but not among their best work.

There There, Scatterbrain and Wolf at the Door are excellent though.

Thank you. I have never, ever, ever, ever, understood the disdain for that song here. Listen to it live. How can you not like this?

Ok but the live version is not the same as the album version. I've seen so many posts over the years extolling the virtues of live I Will, but very rare for someone to speak so highly about the recording.

the OKNOTOK cassette is finally out there. I'm around 10 tracks in so far and mother of god it is so fucking good. :drool:

What the hell is that?

Have to say, the sets of late are a bit of a bummer, I'd be disappointed to see them now and only get three AMSP tracks. Get that they're promoting OKNOTOK but come on!

Back
Top Bottom