Radiohead – A Moon Shaped Pool

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What jumps out to me is that Lift is one of the new b-sides. That's been one of the holy grail never-released studio b-sides that was played live a lot back in the day. That they're finally putting it out is significant.

gah. i want all of that, but not a chance i'm forking over that much dosh to make it happen. not for the box set anyway.

those three new/old b-sides are pretty exciting, nevermind the fact the rest of the album is getting remastered.

so a deluxe remastering of an album I already own. Yeah, nah. Granted, some extra songs one of which is highly regarded. Not at that price.

For £10 I'll happily buy the album again to get those three songs (can't wait for those to say that least!!) not to mention the b-sides on one disc, since I never bothered with the 2009 reissues.

Not currently laying golden eggs, however, so the box set will have to wait. Looks good though!

Wonder what's​ on the cassette! :hmm:

OK Computer was a huge reason why they became popular so they were kinda fucked on that either way.

I am desperate for them to announce a show in the midwest area. I'll drive to Detroit or Chicago if I have to. Do we think they'll announce any more US dates for later in the year? They really haven't played several large US markets in a long time.

I missed them in 2008 because when they came through Ohio/Indiana, I was on my honeymoon. In 2012, I had tickets for the Cleveland show, and was super excited! My friend who was going with me bailed at the last minute. He claims he was sick, but I think he was busy stalking some girl that he never ended up getting with anyway. Cleveland is a 3 hour drive for me, and I couldn't find anybody else to go with me last minute, so I ended up not going. At the time, I just didn't want to drive 3 hours alone and go to a concert alone. Funny thing is that now I'm older, wiser, and wouldn't think twice about it... I actually crave alone time.

Even worse is that I had the option to go to Cincinnati or Cleveland in 2012, and Cincy is only an hour and a half from my house. But my friend who bailed wanted to go to the Cleveland show. So I missed Radiohead even though they played in my state TWICE. Now I'll be surprised if they ever come back!

That sucks. One of the big advantages of living in a country as small as Belgium is that it's easy to see every artist you want. Almost every artist on a European tour plays a show in Brussels and it's difficult to live more than an hour driving from there. Amsterdam and Paris aren't that much further either. That also goes for people living in cities like LA and NY of course.

It just reminds me that there are loads of people who live in places where it's actually really difficult to catch most artists. Imagine living somewhere in Kazachstan and liking Western music (I have no idea how likely that is).

been ages since I heard it but Easy Star All-Stars' OK Computer/Radiodread is still great! :drool: brilliant version of Let Down.

Slowpoke.jpg

I've always enjoyed this song, nice to hear a studio version 20 years later.

This song is effortlessly beautiful. Cool to hear them sound this old and new again

Back
Top Bottom