Radiohead – A Moon Shaped Pool

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Automatic for the People is one of the most overrated albums I've ever heard, Ignoreland at least gives it a bit of personality.

But back to Radiohead... The Tourist would probably rank 11th, for me. I still love the song but it's a bit of a ho-hum closer (although it feels exhausted, which fits the theme). and if I'm not in the right mood some of Thom's vocals on it can grate a little bit. But I still love it, love the lyrics and the chorus is great.

I will go in to bat for We Suck Young Blood. I love the piano, I love his moans on it, I think it's a very tongue-in-cheek song. People always seem to take it seriously, which baffles me. Even more baffling is the love for the very next song, The Gloaming, which is pissweak.

Lucky kicks all kinds of arse.

I'd like to see more love for Scatterbrain. I think that's a really underrated Radiohead song.

I don't care if a song is tongue-in-cheek, it still has to be enjoyable to listen to, and We Suck Young Blood is very much not that. I'm sure the Beatles weren't serious about Wild Honey Pie, but it's still my least favorite piece of recorded music ever.

I could understand indifference towards it but I have never understood the blanket hate. It's not that different from their myriad other slow-pace songs on the top of which he moans over.

Five of HTTT's seven best songs are in the last six songs of the album.

Automatic for the People is one of the most overrated albums I've ever heard, Ignoreland at least gives it a bit of personality.

Agreed with most of this. If I'd been more familiar with their earlier work back in the day, I doubt I'd have even given it the time of, well, day.

I think Lucky is the best song on OK Computer, absolutely adore it. I'm not too sure how highly it's ranked by Radiohead fans. If they disagree, I'll fight them anyway.

Def my favorite on there, followed by Let Down.

I was so happy to hear Lucky on the In Rainbows tour that I just about cried.

The only reason I'm not furious that I'm missing the fantastic AMSP tour is because I already saw the perfect Radiohead show. Like Spinning Plates, Fake Plastic Trees, Lucky, Just, Planet Telex, the entirety of In Rainbows, I got all of it in one night.

Are you referring to the hurricane show we were both at in Virginia?

That was a great one for sure.

I can't imagine someone who likes R.E.M. saying this. It's not one of my favorites of theirs but there's so much great writing and playing on there.

I'm sure the Beatles weren't serious about Wild Honey Pie, but it's still my least favorite piece of recorded music ever.

Of bands I actually listen to, I'd agree.

No Surprises is actually one that has really grown on me over time. It's beautiful to listen to. It's one my favourite of Yorke vocals, just love the way he tumbles out the lyrics.

Ok Computer is flawless for me.. Electioneering may fairly be considered by many to be the weakest song on there, but I find it thoroughly enjoyable and couldn't imagine the album without it.

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

Pulk. It isn't helped by its terrible placement on the album.

Sent from my H60-L04 using U2 Interference mobile app

That said, it's over and done with so soon you hardly care. There was a time when I took it as a badge of honour to find the good even in stuff like Pulk, but now I just don't care.

I googled "I'll drown my beliefs" and aside from "to have your babies" google suggested "to have you be in peace". Looks like some older live versions have the line "to have you be in peace", which I have to admit I prefer.

"to have you be in peace" is a much clumsier and less interesting line and I highly doubt it was ever sung that way. It just shows up as that on shitty lyric sites because of idiots like you who thought that was the line.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom