Radiohead – A Moon Shaped Pool

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I still haven't listened to Supercollider, The Butcher, Staircase or The Daily Mail. But this time around I think I will listen to these along with Limbs and see if it makes the "album" better.

Edit: Bloom sure does have some interesting Radioheadesque imagery. The giant turtle's eyes.... :wink:

Actually I also think Supercollider belongs with their best songs of the last six or seven years. maybe ever. The Butcher I could take or leave. The Daily Heil is great although harkening back somewhat to their Amnesiac era.

I liked the first live version of Supercollider much more than the version we ended up with. It was a lot warmer, if memory serves me right.

Staircase/The Daily Mail was a hell of a release. I love both of those songs.

This new album really harkens back to OK Computer days a bit. Decks Dark reminds me of Subterranean Homesick Alien and Tinker Tailor... has an almost Climbing Up The Walls vibe to it.

There are similarities here and there, but then there are things that have not figured hardly at all in their music until recent years. The orchestral work that's all over this record calls back to the seventies in my mind a little (a rock band, for whatever value of 'rock', involving orchestras in their records could be a recipe for utter shite, but this is Jonny we're talking about).

Tour starts today! I can't wait to see how they translate these songs live. I can totally see Decks Dark morphing into a heavy jam for instance.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Hey, the rest of the world doesn't exist. That's why it's called 'the rest of the world'.

I don't care though. Whatever, man. I'll make my own bands. Or stuff.

I've listened to this a lot now and afterwards I still find it difficult to think of individual songs rather than the album as a cohesive listen from start to finish, apart from the opener and closer.

They're playing 2 hours from my home and I'm not going...

Sent from my H60-L04 using U2 Interference mobile app

Identikit is finally starting to grow on me. I love that slinky guitar line.

I think the only thing I'm not crazy about on this album is the lyrics to The Numbers. Pretty heavyhanded political stuff for an album about heartbreak; the last verse is a total miss for me.

Ci7dGI4WkAE7MOM.jpg

-3 from King of Limbs, 2 from before 2000 :down:
-They're just straight up playing AMSP straight through for a bit and then in order throughout the night. That's cool.
-Not so cool: playing everything from the album but True Love Waits. Is that song too much for Thom right now? Not a great live track in the current arrangemnt?
-Dat My Iron Lung>Videotape transition
-WEIRD FISHES YES

Last edited:
Yet U2 did almost the same thing on the ZooTV tour and that's not dumb? :lol:

It was fucking awesome when U2 did it and I'm sure it was great last night too.

Ful Stop seems like a good spot to head into other places in the discography.

I would be thrilled to hear the first five songs played in order. And then I might feel a little meh at Magpie and then I'd be happy again for the rest of the show.

-3 from King of Limbs, 2 from before 2000 :down:

Yeah, I'd hoped for more '90s stuff. Even though this is Radiohead and so wasn't expecting that many '90s songs I do think that only 2 is a bit meagre. Especially as those two songs got the biggest audience reaction (with Idioteque and Everything In Its Right Place next). New songs sounded good.

Back
Top Bottom