RA D IOHE_AD "IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part EI8HT...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
setlist from last night...

Radiohead: Live in Dallas [live report]
Posted on May 18th, 2008.

Radiohead are playing their final show of the first US leg of the tour at the Superpages.com Center in Dallas, Texas.

Setlist:
01. All I Need
02. There There
03. 15 Step
04. Bangers and Mash
05. Nude
06. Pyramid Song
07. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
08. The National Anthem
09. Dollars and Cents :up:
10. Faust Arp (Phil Selway films Thom & Jonny’s performance)
11. Videotape
12. A Wolf At The Door :drool:
13. Optimistic
14. Reckoner
15. Everything In Its Right Place
16. Idioteque
17. Bodysnatchers

encore 1:
18. Fake Plastic Trees
19. Jigsaw Falling Into Place
20. House of Cards
21. Exit Music (For A Film) Thom heckles a heckler “You’re a funny guy”
22. The Bends :drool: x infinity!

encore 2
23. You and Whose Army?
24. Paranoid Android

All I need back as a opener..

the last show, was the best of the North american tour! I will post my reports for every show of the tour later, when i am allowed to add links!

in Rainbows is one of my favorite albums ever and i can't wait to watch them in berlin!

Dallas debuts: A wolf at the door, Dollars and cents

Radiohead North american tour first leg: Synopsis

Hello

I am new here.. i love U2 but i also love Radiohead. So i would like to create a topic for the In Rainbows Tour which is taking place now!

The first eight shows are completed! The band will go now to Europe for two month shows! And then back to USA.

I will post my reports for these 8 shows, hope you will find them interesting

Radiohead West Palm Beach
Radiohead Tampa
Radiohead Atlanta
Radiohead Charlotte
Radiohead Bristow
Radiohead St Louis
Radiohead Houston
Radiohead Dallas

Does anyone of you watched one or more of these shows? Reviews would be really appreciated! For those that wish you can ask photos and videos from each show!

COBL_04 said:
Incidentally, what are these guys like live?? Do they have any staples or are they pretty random when it comes to setlists?

Pretty random it seems. On this tour they seem to be stapling every song from In Rainbows as well as There There, Idioteque and a few others.

Never seen them live myself, but saw a video of them doing Glastonbury in the wake of HTTT and it's pretty spectacular.

Yours had that Old Testament "Wrath of God"-type stuff going on. Mine just had copious amounts of underage kids smoking - 3 of which were with me.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Yours had that Old Testament "Wrath of God"-type stuff going on. Mine just had copious amounts of underage kids smoking - 3 of which were with me.

Your debauchery is the reason for the wrath. :angry:

Oh my gourd, gang. It was so good. So good.

My seats were in the second row behind the pit. Immediately to my right was Jim Eno, drummer for Spoon.

So good.

impy13 said:
Oh my gourd, gang. It was so good. So good.

My seats were in the second row behind the pit. Immediately to my right was Jim Eno, drummer for Spoon.

So good.

I need a little more from you than "so good." :waiting:

now this is funny... read on folks... :D

Radiohead to Prince: Hey, that's OUR song

WASHINGTON (AP) -- After word spread that Prince covered Radiohead's "Creep" at Coachella, the tens of thousands who couldn't be there ran to YouTube for a peek. Everyone was quickly denied -- even Radiohead.

Radiohead was pleased Prince had covered "Creep." But who has the right to put online?

All videos of Prince's unique rendition of Radiohead's early hit were quickly taken down, leaving only a message that his label, NPG Records, had removed the clips, claiming a copyright violation. But the posted videos were shot by fans and, obviously, the song isn't Prince's.

In a recent interview, Thom Yorke said he heard about Prince's performance from a text message and thought it was "hilarious." Yorke laughed when his bandmate, guitarist Ed O'Brien, said the blocking had prevented him from seeing Prince's version of their song.

"Really? He's blocked it?" asked Yorke, who figured it was their song to block or not. "Surely we should block it. Hang on a moment."

Yorke added: "Well, tell him to unblock it. It's our ... song."

YouTube prohibits the posting of copyrighted material. If the site receives a complaint from a copyright owner, it will in most cases remove the video(s). Whether the same could be done for a company not holding a copyright is less clear, but Yorke's argument would seem to bear some credence according to YouTube's policies. YouTube, which is owned by Google, declined to comment.

Minnesota-grown rock star Prince also did not respond to a request for comment Thursday.

The dispute was an interesting twist in debates over digital ownership, held between two major acts with differing views on music and the Internet. Radiohead famously released their most recent album, "In Rainbows," as a digital download with optional pricing. They also have a channel on YouTube.

When Prince performed at the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival in Indio, California, on April 26, he prohibited the standard arrangement of allowing photographers to shoot near the stage during the first three songs of his set. Instead, he had a camera crew filming his performance.

Prince, who founded NPG Records in 1993, has been innovative when it comes to music distribution, too. He released his 1997 album, "Crystal Ball," on the Internet and in 2006 was awarded a lifetime achievement award by the Webbys. In 2007, he gave away copies of his disc "Planet Earth" in a British Sunday newspaper.

But the Purple One has also shut down his official Web site and in September of last year said he would sue YouTube and eBay for not filtering unauthorized content.

Prince fans have organized to urge him to relent in his legal fights to control images and photographs of himself. As of Thursday, the most popular YouTube clip about Prince playing "Creep" is an expletive-laden rant from Sam Conti Jr., who describes himself as a "former Prince fan."

^ Yeah, good call.

I was going to post that story yesterday but forgot.

Fuck prince. Thommy wins this round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom