RA D IOHE_AD "IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part EI8HT...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two more questions:

Has Gagging Order ever been played live? And when?

Did anyone ever get ahold of the second Hollywood Bowl show? As I said before, I'm not subscribed to any Radiohead sites so I don't have access to this stuff.

Thank ye.

If your Texan friend is into crazy rocking awesomeness:
2+2=5

If your Texan friend is more of a straight forward accessible music type:
Let Down or Go To Sleep

I'm making a mix cd for a friend in Texas and these are the Radiohead songs I'm considering:

2+2=5
Subterranean Homesick Alien
Optimistic
Let Down
Go To Sleep

All studio versions.

Choose one.

Exit Music into Let Down is brilliant. But if your friend isn't the type to sit still for 10 minutes, go with just let down for now. And on the next mix - Exit Music into Let Down. Know what I mean?

hmm

He said: "Now tell me about Radiohead." :huh:

I'm kinda thinking 2+2=5 is the one. Just to get him tapping his cowboy boot whilst he listens. (He's a real cowboy, too.)

Cowboys would probably like the the Bends. Planet Telex, Bones, Fake Plastic Trees, High and Dry...that's like Radiohead Cowboy music. Cowboy music for the future.

Hello, I am new to radiohead only know their most popular tracks. Thinking as so many people think so highly of radiohead and also the possibility they might play glastonbury next year, I would like to know what are some of your favourite songs and why? I have itunes credits to use, and would use them to download some great radiohead tracks. Hit me up! :D

Just to get him tapping his cowboy boot whilst he listens. (He's a real cowboy, too.)

How about Rhinestone Cowboy? :wink:

I'm surprised Lucky wasn't an option since it's your favorite. I'd probably go with Let Down.

Hello, I am new to radiohead only know their most popular tracks. Thinking as so many people think so highly of radiohead and also the possibility they might play glastonbury next year, I would like to know what are some of your favourite songs and why? I have itunes credits to use, and would use them to download some great radiohead tracks. Hit me up! :D

I'd recommend downloading an album, The Bends :love:

I think SHA is out of the running.

And maybe Let Down. Maybe.

:sad: :( :(

Two more questions:

Has Gagging Order ever been played live? And when?

Did anyone ever get ahold of the second Hollywood Bowl show? As I said before, I'm not subscribed to any Radiohead sites so I don't have access to this stuff.

Thank ye.

For Gagging Order, this is the only thing I could find, from May 1st, 2006.
The Big Ask, Friends of the Earth:

YouTube - Gagging Order by Thom Yorke and Jonny Greenwood at Koko's.

Such a good song, one of my favourite B-sides for sure...

Song I'm currently loving - Lucky.

Took me a long time to come around to it, but now I am infatuated :love:

Is there any books or a site or something a la Into the Heart for Radiohead? I'd love to read about their songs.

Song I'm currently loving - Lucky.

Took me a long time to come around to it, but now I am infatuated :love:

Is there any books or a site or something a la Into the Heart for Radiohead? I'd love to read about their songs.

There are these good little pocket books around for Radiohead, Beatles, U2 among others with a run down of all songs and bsides. You can get them fromplaces like Borders. I think the R'Hed one was up to Hail To The Thief. These books are about $10.

I have seen a few Into The Heart style books for many bands; REM, RHCP. Can't remember if there was a Radiohead one. Would be worth finding out. I think their might have been.

Now this setlist is the shit! (Tokyo today, the last one on the Japanese tour, there are rumours abound that they will play South America in March next year).

Tokyo, 2008-10-08:

15 Step
Airbag
Just
All I Need
Kid A
Reckoner
Talk Show Host
In Limbo
Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
The Gloaming
Wolf at the Door
Faust Arp
Bulletproof
Jigsaw Falling into Place
Optimistic
Nude
Bodysnatchers

Encore 1

You and Whose Army
Videotape
Paranoid Android
Dollars and Cents
The One I Love/Everything in its Right Place

Cymbal Rush
There There
Blow Out

Yes,that is Blow Out (it was first played at the 2008-10-07 Tokyo concert, first time after 10 years). And Bullet Proof, In Limbo and a snippet of The One I Love. Amazing.

Now this setlist is the shit! (Tokyo today, the last one on the Japanese tour, there are rumours abound that they will play South America in March next year).

Wow, very nice. Bulletproof and Dollars & Cents--two songs I would have LOVED to have heard live.

Decent set, Cymbal Rush:drool:

Not sure about omitting Idioteque, and I would've preferred different Amnesiac songs.

Bulletproof!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They had better fucking tour here. Here's hoping for a BDO headline... :pray:

Not gonna happen. Apparently they are too tired (diddums) and need a rest. The BDO '09 line up is hein.

Prodigy, Neil Young, Arctics, but not much else....

BLOW OUT?! That's the first time I've literally SPLUTTERED and not been able to find words when reading a setlist...fucking HELL why didn't they play it when I saw them in London?! FUCK!!

In Rainbows turns 1 year old at the stroke of midnight. Midnight, October 10, 2007 was when the download codes were first sent out.

Happy birthday In Rainbows :)

Colorful_birthday_balloons_uid_1_op_376x800.jpg

Not gonna happen. Apparently they are too tired (diddums) and need a rest. The BDO '09 line up is hein.

Prodigy, Neil Young, Arctics, but not much else....

Don't they normally not announce the full line-up until later? And have you got a source?

I'd prefer to see them on tour themselves. Just want them to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom