RA D IOHE_AD "IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part EI8HT...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's two songs this show that I didn't get in any of the three shows this tour...first time I've heard Go Slowly live as it happens (Karma Police is the other, of course I've gotten it in previous tours).

I don't think you guys mentioned one song that wasn't done at L.A. #2.

BTW, Lucky and Morning Bell were played last night but not at LA 2 (but were at LA 1). But neither of us were at LA 2, so it was all good. :) Like I mentioned, I hadn't had Go Slowly at any of my shows so that was cool, and I hadn't gotten Karma Police on this tour either.

No, it wasn't. :D

Indeed.

Though it sounds like a number of you watched the show with us (which is awesome, it was like more of you were there with us. One of my friends was watching the webcast and texting me through it as well), here's the setlist:

01. Reckoner
02. Optimistic
03. There There
04. 15 Step
05. All I Need
06. Nude
07. Talk Show Host
08. Arpeggi
09. The Gloaming
10. Morning Bell
11. The National Anthem
12. Faust Arp
13. No Surprises
14. Jigsaw Falling Into Place
15. The Bends
16. Karma Police
17. Bodysnatchers

Encore 1
18. Cymbal Rush (Thom, “This one’s off the Eraser, its called Cymbal Rush.”)
19. House of Cards
20. Paranoid Android (Thom. “So this is for anyone who’s had surgery. You’re gonna be dead soon. Its all going south Brotha.”)
21. Go Slowly (Thom, “I didn’t mean it about the surgery you know. Whatever u wanna do.”)
22. Everything In Its Right Place [some people in the front chant "TRUE LOVE WAITS!" repeatedly. Thom, "Just cuz your down in front mate. Nice idea."]

Encore 2:
23. Videotape
24. Lucky [Thom, "Thank you. Thanks a lot. Thank you everybody. Everybody who has come to every show on this tour. We've had a blast generally. We also very much like to thank Liars for playing tonight. Ok I'll shut up."]
25. Idioteque

We also got to hear Pyramid Song during the soundcheck, which atease doesn't have listed as having been soundchecked.

It was a fantastic show for me, probably the best concert I've been to all year. The only other time I'd seen the band (HTTT tour) was from fairly far back, so it was amazing to be down in the pit and see them all so close. Having not been to (or watched any footage of) this tour, it was awesome to finally witness the "light show". VERY cool, it really added to the impact of a number of the songs. I also really liked how the big screen behind the band transposed shots of the band members over other shots of diff. band members at the same time for most of the show, it was a surprisingly cool effect.

While it wasn't exactly my "dream setlist", I still loved every second of the show (other than the Turd Burgler who decided to dance around directly in front of me for a song or two during the first encore, I remember next to nothing of Paranoid Android because of him). They not so surprisingly (curse you, irony!) played the few songs I'd been vocal about not wanting to hear (Cymbal Rush, Go Slowly), both were actually quite good live (Cymbal Rush in particular). The lights and screen effects during The National Anthem completely blew me away, I also really liked the basic yet powerful lighting during Lucky, it was one of my favorites of the evening. As Optimistic was essentially the only thing I found redeeming from Kid A when it first came out, I was extremely glad to get it last night. I was very happy to get all of In Rainbows in its entirety, and glad I'd held out on hearing a live version of Jigsaw until last night, that was also one of my highlights.

The crowd was having a great time, it most certainly was not dead in the venue, and the band seemed to feeding off of it. Colin in particular, and Ed did a little as well, were laughing quite a bit at something that was going on in the crowd, we could never figure out what it was. Not surprisingly, Joyful, Martha, and her niece (I've already forgotten what her username is here) are extremely awesome people to go to a concert with, especially a Radiohead concert. :up:

I was going to add, I saw this touching review of the show on LastFM, and it makes me feel even more lucky to have been at the show.

Thu 28 Aug – Radiohead, Liars
I live in Russia. The chance of Radiohead coming here is excessively small.
Well... So I stayed up the whole night waiting, watching. the webcast started around 6:45 am here. The sunrise was lovely - because they appeared with it. The set-list was perfect. The quality of video was pretty poor though, but still, it felt real. There is something very special in watching as things unfold in real time. Unity. God, I'd give a lot to have been actually standing in the crowd, though. But you know, if I never get to an actual gig, at least I have this

Very true, my friend. Very true.

Another thing to add, 15 Step was the one song from In Rainbows I really didn't like for quite a while. I finally was won over by it this last of week while watching the From the Basement show, and I absolutely loved it last night. It's the one song I've had it my head since the show.

Very true, my friend. Very true.

Another thing to add, 15 Step was the one song from In Rainbows I really didn't like for quite a while. I finally was won over by it this last of week while watching the From the Basement show, and I absolutely loved it last night. It's the one song I've had it my head since the show.

The opening section, little bassline during the chorus, and children's shouting push it over the top for me.

It could be my favorite track off of In Rainbows apart from "Weird Fishes."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom