RA D IOHE_AD "IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part EI8HT...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. How much of True Love Waits was actually played? I'd hear that in full.

3. Yeah, on paper it's an odd setlist. I'm sure it still sounded good, hopefully they're saving up the amazing sets for later this week...

7. Angus (singer) sprained his back badly earlier this year. When I saw them months ago, he performed nearly the entire show sitting in a recliner. I'm assuming he's feeling better, and thus performing/sounding better.

1. Maybe five or six lines. Not enough for the guy behind me as we were leaving to recognize it as the song he wanted to hear.

3. It was odd as it was happening. But it was still a good show.

7. That might explain why they were sounding so crappy in ATL and Charlotte.

My Top 4 from last night:

PLANE TELEX!!!!!! :drool: :drool: :combust: I went ballistic again, just like I did in New Jersey.
Videotape (last night's version was just otherworldy. so awesome.)
Bodysnatchers (just plain rocked! :rockon: )
Getting to chat with Martha during intermission and a bit after the show. :wink:

So glad I got to go. :D

Oh yeah, did anyone ever put up the setlist from Night 1 at the Hollywood Bowl? I want to know what I missed by going on Monday.

Night 1:

Earlier the band sound checked an unidentified song , In Limbo (intro), Optimistic, Morning Bell, Go Slowly, Lucky twice, There There, Wolf At The Door, Idioteque (can hear Thom singing Outcast’s ‘Hey Ya’ instead).

Setlist:

01. 15 Step
02. There There
03. Morning Bell
04. All I Need
05. Pyramid Song
06. Nude
07. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
08. The Gloaming
09. The National Anthem
10. Wolf at the Door
11. Faust Arp
12. Exit Music (for a Film)
13. Jigsaw Falling Into Place
14. Idioteque
15. Climbing Up the Walls
16. Bodysnatchers
17. How to Disappear Completely

Encore 1
18. Videotape (Thom, ‘Whasssssssssap!’)
19. Paranoid Android (Thom, ‘This was heavily influenced by the kind of person you meet at a bar in LA.’)
20. Dollars & Cents
21. Street Spirit
22. Reckoner

Encore 2
23. House of Cards
24. Lucky
25. Everything In Its Right Place (Thom sings a few lines from R.E.M.’s song, Electrolyte, ‘I’m gasoline/I’m burning clean.’)

This is Hardy :doh:

As Laz just pointed out, when going to the Bowl, you gotta know that there is plenty of free parking around as long as your willing to walk a bit.

After reading Laz's first post, I thought we were at different shows. But not being the biggest Radiohead fan, I have to take his word for it that the setlist was fairly pedestrian. The only album I know the songs from are In Rainbows, not sure what the othes are from since I only have Amy's compilation discs :grin:. But I love Fake Plastic Trees, Everything, Pyramid Song & Karma Police, so getting all those was a treat. Maybe they play them all most of the time :shrug: And everyone around me was thoroughly enjoying The Bends. I thought it was great.

On first impression, I thought Laz may have been to the back of the bowl. That can certainly help put the damper on any performance. But his overall assessment is probably right on. I totally lucked out on this one with ticketbastard, got dead center behind terrace boxes, and we even had our own seats :up:

Well, I missed Wolf at the Door and Exit Music, but I'm so glad I didn't have to witness snoozefest How to Disappear. I already heard Lucky and Android at the Bristow show, Climbing is one of my least favorite OK songs, and I'd prefer to hear The Bends over Street Spirit, even if I didn't think the former was done justice by Thom. Dollars & Cents isn't exactly my first choice for an additional Amnesiac song, either.

Mint setlist for Night 2, much better than Night 1. I'll cream meself if Thommy plays Cymbal Rush if and when they come to Melbourne.

Jeff, are you asking about the second night from The Hollywood Bowl?

U2Fanatic's already got you covered.

:wink:

(I went so nuts at the opening of "Planet Telex" that I think I scared the people in the rows around me. hahahahaha)

Radiohead Live in Los Angeles - Night 2
Posted on August 25th, 2008.

The band are playing their final night at the Hollywood Bowl. Liars are supporting.

Setlist:

01. Reckoner
02. Optimistic
03. There There
04. 15 Step
05. All I Need
06. Pyramid Song
07. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
08. The Gloaming
09. Videotape
10. Talk Show Host
11. Faust Arp
12. Tell Me Why (Neil Young Cover)
13. No Surprises
14. Jigsaw
15. Bends
16. The National Anthem
17. Nude
18. Bodysnatchers

Encore 1
19. House of Cards
20. Planet Telex
21. Go Slowly
22. Fake Plastic Trees
23. True Love Waits Intro/Everything In Its Right Place

Encore 2
24. Cymbal Rush
25. Karma Police
26. Idioteque

The setlist is correct. "Go Slowly" came after "Planet Telex". I recognized it immediately and immediately thought of LemonMelon and LMP, and how I wish they were there to hear it, since I know how much they love that song.

:hug: Thanks for thinking of me, Fitz, but no worries: I not only heard it in Bristow, but Planet Telex followed it! :lol:

I'm leaving in a few minutes for the airport. Not too long until I'll be cheering and waving, cheering and waving, twitching and salivating (like with myxomatosis).

:happy:

I'm leaving in a few minutes for the airport. Not too long until I'll be cheering and waving, cheering and waving, twitching and salivating (like with myxomatosis).

all of the stars are faded away, just try not to worry, you'll see them some day. take what you need, and be on your way.

ya gots yourself some airbag last night. second song too. i could have gone home happy after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom