RA D IOHE_AD "IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part EI8HT...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was scared until I scrolled back up and put all this into context. Really scared. :uhoh:

The best pic I got from those 2 nights (new camera and not really sure how to work it, settings and all). And during one of my *favorite* songs, no less!

l_6f54b4dd643a39059584099a8a335deb.jpg

I used to join in those depreciate threads.

But I also used to think Scooter's remix of The Logical Song was streets ahead of Supertramp's original.

martha and Fitz are looking for parking at the Hollywood Bowl right about now.

:angry:

A quick drive-by for the radiohead fans, since my days here are numbered. Anyways, a great show tonight, 2nd at the Hollywood Bowl. Lots o' weed waffling through our section. Opening with Reckoner was a great start for myself. Other highlights, and I could be getting some of it wrong, Faust Arp into Neil Young's Tell Me Why (which seemed to have many around us confused :)) into No Surprises > Jigsaw Falling Into Place? > The Bends (great version). Also Fake Plastic Trees > Everything In It's Right Place to end second encore. 3rd encore starts with something from Horizon? with Thom solo on piano, which he flubs at first, then says "Wait, how does this go?" Then tries starting again with crowd screaming, at which point he goes "ssh" loudly. Then he continues and finishes, says something to the effect "That was a nightmare, even if you know it". Then they go into Karma Police. A very nice surprise for me, as was Pyramid Song. Played about 2 hours 10 minutes. Maybe U2Fanatic can post setlist tomorrow.

Hasta la vista, babies :wave:

I wasn't familiar with Tell Me Why, but I said to my friends "There's no way that's not a Neil Young cover". You could just TELL.

Personally we felt The Bends wasn't that great. I was excited to hear it, but Thom's delivery seemed rather half-assed, especially in comparison to Planet Telex, which I was lucky to see again. Not too much variation from the Bristow, VA show, but we got The Gloaming (not one of my favs on HTTT but VERY good here), No Surprises, a b-side or IR bonus CD track I didn't recognize (along with Go Slowly again), and Thom's solo Cymbal Rush.

I sure wasn't complaining about hearing Pyramid Song again, but 1 song from Amnesiac and HTTT wasn't my idea of a great setlist. The show was still amazing, of course, even if it was less memorable than the biblical weather torture of Bristow.

Tell Me Why is one of my favorite early Neil Young songs. Glad you guys had a great show. I'm heading out to So Ca today for San Diego and Santa Barbara. :hyper:

per a certain someone's request..:D

Radiohead Live in Los Angeles - Night 2
Posted on August 25th, 2008.

The band are playing their final night at the Hollywood Bowl. Liars are supporting.

Setlist:

01. Reckoner
02. Optimistic
03. There There
04. 15 Step
05. All I Need
06. Pyramid Song
07. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
08. The Gloaming
09. Videotape
10. Talk Show Host
11. Faust Arp
12. Tell Me Why (Neil Young Cover)
13. No Surprises
14. Jigsaw
15. Bends
16. The National Anthem
17. Nude
18. Bodysnatchers

Encore 1
19. House of Cards
20. Planet Telex
21. Go Slowly
22. Fake Plastic Trees
23. True Love Waits Intro/Everything In Its Right Place

Encore 2
24. Cymbal Rush
25. Karma Police
26. Idioteque

True Love Waits... Intro or not..:drool:

1. True Love into Everything was great!
2. I thought that sounded like a Neil Young song.
3. It's not the setlist I would have chosen, but it was still very good.
4. Parking at Hollywood and Highland is the shit. :up:
5. The wonderful thing about RH shows is that you have random Radiohead songs wafting through your head for days. :D
6. It's always good to get a Fitz hug at intermission.
7. I only heard about 15 minutes of Liars, but they sounded better than they did earlier this year.
8. Two more shows to go this week.. :drool:

1. True Love into Everything was great!

3. It's not the setlist I would have chosen, but it was still very good.

7. I only heard about 15 minutes of Liars, but they sounded better than they did earlier this year.

1. How much of True Love Waits was actually played? I'd hear that in full.

3. Yeah, on paper it's an odd setlist. I'm sure it still sounded good, hopefully they're saving up the amazing sets for later this week...

7. Angus (singer) sprained his back badly earlier this year. When I saw them months ago, he performed nearly the entire show sitting in a recliner. I'm assuming he's feeling better, and thus performing/sounding better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom