RA D IOHE_AD "IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part EI8HT...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my friends just texted me, he's apparently seeing them tonight. Someone please post a setlist when it's available so I can tell him how much I hate him tomorrow.

It did inspire me to go listen to some Grizzly Bear on myspace and I liked a couple of things quite a lot. I had the opportunity to see them in a tiny little club in West Texas with the 25 other people in West Texas but I couldn't make. it.

This is apparently what they played in Washington last night (I will hit up my friend tonight at BSS for further details).

Setlist:

01. 15 Step [Ed encourages the crowd to participate in the 'Yay!' chorus]
02. Reckoner
03. Optimistic
04. There There
05. All I Need
06. Pyramid Song
07. Talk Show Host
08. The National Anthem
09. The Gloaming
10. Videotape
11. Lucky
12. Faust Arp [Thom messes up lyrics several times, starts singing Neil Young's "Tell Me Why"; Jonny tries to follow along but can't quite get the chords. Phil comes out and drops an American dollar bill out in front of Thom and Jonny and runs away laughing. Thom and Jonny crack up completely to loud cheers. Thom tries again, says "Fuck it!", but then continues and finishes the song.]
13. Jigsaw Falling Into Place
14. Climbing Up The Walls
15. Dollars and Cents
16. Nude
17. Bodysnatchers

Encore 1
18. How to Disappear Completely
19. Arpeggi/Weird Fishes
20. Idioteque
21. In Limbo [Tambourine accompaniment by Nigel Godrich. Thom, 'This is Nigel', Ed, 'He makes our records.']
22. Street Spirit

Encore 2
23. You And Whose Army? [Thom dedicates to the people who demonstrated against the WTO in Seattle in 1999]
24. No Surprises
25. Everything In Its Right Place

The band sound checked a cover of Portishead’s ‘The Rip’ twice, ‘In Limbo’ twice, ‘Myxomatosis’, ‘You And Whose Army?’ and ‘Morning Bell’.

I would KILL for Myxomatosis!

Phil makes a funny. :heart:

Myxomatosis was seriously awesome in Atlanta or Charlotte or wherever I heard it. I will never understand the hate for HTTT--I'm happy with anything they play from that.

I will never understand the hate for HTTT--I'm happy with anything they play from that.

Agreed, I loved the album from the first time I heard it.

I notice they left out House of Cards....I hope they play ALL of the In Rainbow songs at SB.

did you all see the setlist for 8/20 Auburn, WA?

:drool::hyper:

they did In Limbo!

I am d/l'g the torrent now from DIME:D

Setlist:

01. 15 Step [Ed encourages the crowd to participate in the 'Yay!' chorus]
02. Reckoner
03. Optimistic
04. There There
05. All I Need
06. Pyramid Song
07. Talk Show Host
08. The National Anthem
09. The Gloaming
10. Videotape
11. Lucky
12. Faust Arp [Thom messes up lyrics several times, starts singing Neil Young's "Tell Me Why"; Jonny tries to follow along but can't quite get the chords. Phil comes out and drops an American dollar bill out in front of Thom and Jonny and runs away laughing. Thom and Jonny crack up completely to loud cheers. Thom tries again, says "Fuck it!", but then continues and finishes the song.]
13. Jigsaw Falling Into Place
14. Climbing Up The Walls
15. Dollars and Cents
16. Nude
17. Bodysnatchers

Encore 1
18. How to Disappear Completely
19. Arpeggi/Weird Fishes
20. Idioteque
21. In Limbo [Tambourine accompaniment by Nigel Godrich. Thom, 'This is Nigel', Ed, 'He makes our records.']
22. Street Spirit

Encore 2
23. You And Whose Army? [Thom dedicates to the people who demonstrated against the WTO in Seattle in 1999]
24. No Surprises
25. Everything In Its Right Place

I love how Phil put a dollar bill at their feet.. I would to see video of this one..! :lol:
Teehee they fucked up faust arp again :giggle: they did this at the Fairfax, VA show and I remember Thom and Jonny cracking up big time... soooooo cool...

I know I'm late to the party on this one, but I just saw the video for House of Cards.

Wow.

At first I thought it was too similar to Original of the Species, but I think it's far better.

Dang, they were in my neck of the woods? I need to start picking up Seattle Weekly more often - that seems to be the only place I hear about concerts around here.

It would have depended on a) how much tickets were; and b) if I could even get my grubby little hands on one.

If they were really expensive, I'm sure I wouldn't have gone. I would like to see them, more out of curiosity than a deep abiding love of Radiohead.

I don't go to a lot of concerts - I'm not really bummed I missed this one, not like I was bummed when I found out The Flaming Lips had been in town and I didn't even know about it. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom