RA D IOHE_AD "IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part EI8HT...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GA pit people...

I asked this during the first leg but I'm wondering if it's changed during the second leg. How early did you line up and what kind of spot did you get?

GA pit people...

I asked this during the first leg but I'm wondering if it's changed during the second leg. How early did you line up and what kind of spot did you get?

The pits I have seen have been pretty small. In STL, I walked in as the opening band was playing (because I couldn't sell my extra pit ticket for face value outside the fucking venue...how lame is that?), and stood at the front of the stage right below Ed. Not bad. The Indy show's pit filled up a bit earlier.

(because I couldn't sell my extra pit ticket for face value outside the fucking venue...how lame is that?),

about as lame as New Mexico. It's a tie, I think. Kind of like when Damien Rice played here and all my friends bailed on me at the last minute so I went alone, could not GIVE AWAY A FREE TICKET outside, and had my mind blown along with the other 50 people who bothered to show up. I mean, it's special and intimate and all, but then the artist never comes back because no one showed up.

Wow! What a setlist tonight! This has to be one of the best setlists I've seen for this tour so far.

From 58hours.com:

1. Reckoner
2. Optimistic
3. There There
4. 15 Step
5. Kid A
6. Nude
7. All I Need
8. The Gloaming
9. National Anthem
10. Videotape
11. Jigsaw Falling Into Place
12. The Bends
13. Faust Arp
14. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
15. Everything In Its Right Place
16. Exit Music (for a film)
17. Bodysnatchers

18. House of Cards
19. I Might Be Wrong
20. Paranoid Android
21. Wolf at the Door
22. How To Disappear Completely

23. Cymbal Rush
24. Karma Police
25. Idioteque

Wow! What a setlist tonight! This has to be one of the best setlists I've seen for this tour so far.

From 58hours.com:

1. Reckoner
2. Optimistic
3. There There
4. 15 Step
5. Kid A
6. Nude
7. All I Need
8. The Gloaming
9. National Anthem
10. Videotape
11. Jigsaw Falling Into Place
12. The Bends
13. Faust Arp
14. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
15. Everything In Its Right Place
16. Exit Music (for a film)
17. Bodysnatchers

18. House of Cards
19. I Might Be Wrong
20. Paranoid Android
21. Wolf at the Door
22. How To Disappear Completely

23. Cymbal Rush
24. Karma Police
25. Idioteque

I want this setlist for Friday night. :drool:

According to this Radiohead 2008 Tour Statistics there's a 25 percent chance they won't play House of Cards. If they fail to play this, I will cut a bitch. :angry:

and had my mind blown along with the other 50 people who bothered to show up. I mean, it's special and intimate and all, but then the artist never comes back because no one showed up.

That happened to me at Idlewild here. It was one of the most amazing concerts of my life, as I got to see one of my all time favorite bands front and center right under the mic and talk to everyone in the group except Roddy (the singer, I couldn't get the guts to go up to him and say anything before the show). While it was an unbelievably awesome experience, it will likely never happen again as they were far from impressed that there were only 30 to 40 people there and even mentioned it as a "low light" of the tour on their website later. :sad:

Oh wellz, after the show the drummer said to me, "Thanks for singing along to all the songs". I guess I can be happy about that, but it still sucks that I'll probably never get to see them again without some sort of major traveling.

I'm still not entirely sold on the idea of them playing Cymbal Rush, which means they'll probably play it for us. :wink:

Is it sad that I do really hope that they play In Rainbows in its entirety on the 28th?

Ouch. *blasts "These Are Just Years" in honor of low light of the tour* :rockon:

WOLF AT THE DOOR in SoCal, please.

Bit of an Idlewild rarity there!

I'd be happy with Wolf or Myxomatosis. Been digging that one since the 'From the Basement' show. :up:

I'm still not entirely sold on the idea of them playing Cymbal Rush, which means they'll probably play it for us. :wink:

Is it sad that I do really hope that they play In Rainbows in its entirety on the 28th?

Not "them", just Thom...and it was quite lovely at APW. :) Cymbal Rush was really my only one shocker of the two shows (Dollars and Cents a nice surprise but not a shocker), although both were fabulous.

I think at this stage of the tour your chances of getting all of In Rainbows are very good!

Cymbal Rush :drool:

Should be a permanent fixture in their setlists, a perfect song, breathtaking.

That setlist is incredible. If I were to write up a dream setlist, that would come bloody close to matching it. The only thing I'd change would be swapping National Anthem for Pyramid Song or No Surprises (or Kinetic - never gonna happen).

If and when I go to see them, at the moment, having listened to just Ok Computer and In Rainbows, I would love them to play Airbag, Subterranean Homesick Alien and No Surprises, with Let Down and Climbing up the Walls thrown in for good measure. Love those songs, especially SHA, which has just become my favourite Radiohead song :love:

I Might Be Wrong, huh? About time. Great tune that resurfaces surprisingly late in the tour.

Don´t get your hopes up. It was played 2 times in the last 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom