RA D IOHE_AD "IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part EI8HT...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have it recorded in HD on my DVR. If I had some easy way to create DVDs, I'd just record it and send it to you all....but I don't.

:(

I have the capability but not the know-how. :reject:

I'm sure I'm just missing a cable from my TV to the DVD burner but I lost patience trying to figure it out. And now I want to get rid of the damn box because I don't watch TV in the summer.

It's from the VH1 From the Basement show that aired a few months and it was really good. :yes: I can't wait to put them on my iPod. Now I can cancel my cable TV (which just went up another $10) since I haven't even turned it on in over two weeks, and they can have the box back which has this show on it. :up:

Best live performance of Reckoner I've heard yet. Absolutely perfect vocals.

So since they're the same price as tunes, not vid, I should get them and the just listen to them? :hmm:

where are you going?

that ateaseweb site.

it says there's too many users apparently. boooo

15 Step, Bodysnatchers, Weird Fishes, All I Need, Reckoner and Videotape are the songs I'm liking now, except that whole MOTD-like noise in Videotape pisses me off. But I love that final lyric "no matter what happens now you shouldn't be afraid because I know today has been the most perfect day I've ever seen..." :love:

House of Cards... man that is a terribly boring song.

have you guys done the in rainbows round for the survivor yet (let's make sure we don't let namckuR run too many more of these, or get some to take over the rounds sometimes??:giggle: ) and in which number thread did you start speaking about the songs... i want to read it.

that ateaseweb site.

it says there's too many users apparently. boooo

15 Step, Bodysnatchers, Weird Fishes, All I Need, Reckoner and Videotape are the songs I'm liking now, except that whole MOTD-like noise in Videotape pisses me off. But I love that final lyric "no matter what happens now you shouldn't be afraid because I know today has been the most perfect day I've ever seen..." :love:

House of Cards... man that is a terribly boring song.

try this site:

Giglinkdump

and House of Cards is awesome...

There are discussions on Radiohead boards whether the London set was an appropriate one for an open gig with 40000 people. Couple of articles in Guardian and Times are critical about the song selection (weak on hits, too many slow songs). Here's the set anyway:

show details

it's always comforting to know that whining and bitching are not just restricted to this forum...

I do like the set and I'm all for non-hits, but in that atmosphere a couple more singalongs and more rockin' songs wouldn't hurt, know what I mean?

that is true but who goes to a Radiohead show expecting a setlist full of singalongs?

Never said full, that would be absurd. But, for my first Radiohead concert, I would easily switch Faust Arp, The Gloaming (a cool song live, but they really don't need to play it on every single gig) and Dollars and Cents for Fake Plastic Trees, 2+2=5 and Paranoid Android.

There are discussions on Radiohead boards whether the London set was an appropriate one for an open gig with 40000 people. Couple of articles in Guardian and Times are critical about the song selection (weak on hits, too many slow songs). Here's the set anyway:

show details

Actually, that isn't a particularly good set for the type of gig it was. I agree with the naysayers...Cymbal Rush isn't even a Radiohead song.

Never said full, that would be absurd. But, for my first Radiohead concert, I would easily switch Faust Arp, The Gloaming (a cool song live, but they really don't need to play it on every single gig) and Dollars and Cents for Fake Plastic Trees, 2+2=5 and Paranoid Android.

Faust Arp is off the most recent album, therefore it has every right to be a permanent fixture in a Radiohead setlist.

Cymbal Rush.....:drool:. I would've gone nuts if I was at that gig.

Listening to the Paris 2, gig, it's pretty good. On which album is Pyramid Song?? I quite enjoyed it. I'm gonna get Kid A soon, and The Bends, and then that'll be it for me.

Listening to the Paris 2, gig, it's pretty good. On which album is Pyramid Song?? I quite enjoyed it. I'm gonna get Kid A soon, and The Bends, and then that'll be it for me.

Amnesiac

You're going to hate Kid A if you hated OK Computer at first listen.

I detested Ok Computer for my first 6 or 7 listens, and then all of sudden I loved it. Twas my first R-Hed album, and one of my top ten albums eva!

First listening to Kid A was like a first listening to any album, hard to get into. But I was liking it on my 2nd or 3rd listen and then subsequently the more learn-to-love kinda tracks like Kid A, MPS and In Limbo grew on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom