RA D IOHE_AD "IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part EI8HT... - Page 57 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-17-2008, 01:08 PM   #841
Blue Crack Supplier
 
elevated_u2_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: I'm here 'cus I don't want to go home
Posts: 31,694
Local Time: 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfulgirl View Post
Neko Case


oh man... can I place like, an order with you or something?

Damn crappy itunes and their restrictions
__________________

__________________
elevated_u2_fan is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 01:36 PM   #842
Blue Crack Addict
 
joyfulgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 16,615
Local Time: 04:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elevated_u2_fan View Post


oh man... can I place like, an order with you or something?

Damn crappy itunes and their restrictions
I'll work on this later. I'm like 4 hours late for work, LOL. (There is a good reason, though.)
__________________

__________________
joyfulgirl is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 01:39 PM   #843
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,337
Local Time: 03:14 AM
I still want to know how to burn these dang podcasts to cd so's I can listen in my car.
__________________
martha is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 01:41 PM   #844
Blue Meth Addict
 
u2popmofo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Texas
Posts: 36,961
Local Time: 05:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfulgirl View Post
If you tell me how, I'll do it.
Does it download as an MP3 or M4A? If so, I think I actually have a program that will allow me to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfulgirl View Post
Well so far I've downloaded Raconteurs, the Wilco sampler, Neko Case and Belle & Sebastian. And I'm not done yet. In fact, I'd better hurry up and download Okkervil River before somebody scolds me.
That Okkervil River concert is one of the few Podcasts I've ever downloaded. 'Twas good from what I remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfulgirl View Post
(There is a good reason, though.)
Because you were listening to music and surfing the internet?
__________________
u2popmofo is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 01:58 PM   #845
Blue Crack Addict
 
joyfulgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 16,615
Local Time: 04:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
Does it download as an MP3 or M4A? If so, I think I actually have a program that will allow me to do it.
mp3

Quote:
Because you were listening to music and surfing the internet?
Well yeah, but also because my dog is having some kind of allergic itching attack and I was up all night. And I never get sick (knock on wood) and always have near-perfect attendance so I have to make up an excuse now and then for a half sick day, and since everyone else has been sick, now's a good time to jump on that "gee, I don't feel so good either" bandwagon.
__________________
joyfulgirl is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 02:02 PM   #846
Blue Crack Addict
 
joyfulgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 16,615
Local Time: 04:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
I still want to know how to burn these dang podcasts to cd so's I can listen in my car.
Well here's how I did it. I converted the podcast to AAC by right-clicking on the file and selecting AAC, so it then appeared in my iTunes music folder instead of just the podcast folder. Then I created a playlist with it and burned that baby. I was worried about how it would divide it into two discs but it did it perfectly, ending the first disc after Bodysnatchers (the end of the main set) so disc 2 begins with the encores.
__________________
joyfulgirl is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 03:09 PM   #847
Blue Meth Addict
 
u2popmofo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Texas
Posts: 36,961
Local Time: 05:14 AM
I'll take a look at the podcast and see what I can do, I think I can actually break it up if it is in an MP3 format. I'll let yous guyz know.
__________________
u2popmofo is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 03:23 PM   #848
Blue Crack Supplier
 
elevated_u2_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: I'm here 'cus I don't want to go home
Posts: 31,694
Local Time: 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
I'll take a look at the podcast and see what I can do, I think I can actually break it up if it is in an MP3 format. I'll let yous guyz know.
this may get you a spot in "elfa's hall of heroes" just so you know...
__________________
elevated_u2_fan is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 03:47 PM   #849
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,337
Local Time: 03:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfulgirl View Post
Well here's how I did it. I converted the podcast to AAC by right-clicking on the file and selecting AAC, so it then appeared in my iTunes music folder instead of just the podcast folder. Then I created a playlist with it and burned that baby. I was worried about how it would divide it into two discs but it did it perfectly, ending the first disc after Bodysnatchers (the end of the main set) so disc 2 begins with the encores.
Just one more reason you're the wind beneath my wings.
__________________
martha is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 04:28 PM   #850
Blue Crack Addict
 
Irishteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 29,624
Local Time: 12:14 PM
This concert sounds amazing
__________________
Irishteen is offline  
Old 09-18-2008, 10:08 AM   #851
Blue Crack Supplier
 
elevated_u2_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: I'm here 'cus I don't want to go home
Posts: 31,694
Local Time: 06:14 AM
oh man, the NPR podcast sounds WAY better than the crap I downloaded! mofo if you can cut this up into tracks I will make you my new best friend
__________________
elevated_u2_fan is offline  
Old 09-18-2008, 11:27 AM   #852
Blue Meth Addict
 
u2popmofo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Texas
Posts: 36,961
Local Time: 05:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfulgirl View Post
Well here's how I did it. I converted the podcast to AAC by right-clicking on the file and selecting AAC, so it then appeared in my iTunes music folder instead of just the podcast folder. Then I created a playlist with it and burned that baby. I was worried about how it would divide it into two discs but it did it perfectly, ending the first disc after Bodysnatchers (the end of the main set) so disc 2 begins with the encores.
If this indeed does edit perfectly to CD (the two cds split in between songs), I can burn it into discs and then rip the discs into broken out files. It will take a bit of annoying work and time (converting to different file format to burn it to disc just so I can rip it off of that disc to edit it and eventually burn it to discs once again after editing...), but it shouldn't be a problem as I've done it before years back and I still have the same old program on my computer.

__________________
u2popmofo is offline  
Old 09-18-2008, 11:27 AM   #853
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim
 
UberBeaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: the most serious...douch hammer ever
Posts: 20,318
Local Time: 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elevated_u2_fan View Post
oh man, the NPR podcast sounds WAY better than the crap I downloaded! mofo if you can cut this up into tracks I will make you my new best friend
pm this to me, please.
__________________
UberBeaver is offline  
Old 09-18-2008, 11:45 AM   #854
Blue Crack Supplier
 
elevated_u2_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: I'm here 'cus I don't want to go home
Posts: 31,694
Local Time: 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
If this indeed does edit perfectly to CD (the two cds split in between songs), I can burn it into discs and then rip the discs into broken out files. It will take a bit of annoying work and time (converting to different file format to burn it to disc just so I can rip it off of that disc to edit it and eventually burn it to discs once again after editing...), but it shouldn't be a problem as I've done it before years back and I still have the same old program on my computer.



ETA: on it's way beav...
__________________
elevated_u2_fan is offline  
Old 09-18-2008, 12:22 PM   #855
Blue Crack Supplier
 
elevated_u2_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: I'm here 'cus I don't want to go home
Posts: 31,694
Local Time: 06:14 AM
lol. the NPR dude talking during the encore breaks is kind of annoying but at least he seems like a fan...
__________________

__________________
elevated_u2_fan is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
in rainbows, radiohead

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com