RA D IOHE_AD "IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part EI8HT...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Motion Picture Soundtrack is one of their best. Beautiful song.

boooooo

Maybe Kid A's not as bad as I thought. It's kinda pretty actually. The type of music you hear in platform video games sometimes I reckon.

Can I get some love for Motion Picture Soundtrack?? i think you're crazy... maybe...

My Kid A now has 11 tracks and is about three minutes shorter :nerd:

video games :lol:

now, have you listened to Amnesiac yet?

I predict a change of heart on this sometime down the road. :)

I really like half of the album basically most of the first half and then Life in a Glasshouse; the rest just kinda doesn't stand out to me too much

Like Spinning Plates freaks me out too much in studio to ever like...first time I listened to the album I fell asleep (not due to the music) and woke up during Like Spinning Plates and it freaked me out so much I had no idea what was happening:lol:

What songs do you not like on it?

Pull/Pulk Revolving Doors (wank)
Knives Out (sounds like a Radiohead tribute band)
Like Spinning Plates (sooooooooooooooooooooooo much better live...I've heard it for myself; I know)
Life In A Glasshouse (just don't like it, can't really tell you why)

Plus, Hunting Bears and the demo version of Morning Bell, while not bad, really break up the flow of the album.

I'm just saying IMO as an album, Amnesiac isn't as complete an experience as Kid A but it has better singles than Kid A...

I Might Be Wrong, Pyramid Song, You And Whose Army? > anything on Kid A...

Except National Anthem and Idioteque live, right? Much as I love Kid A I have started to agree with what some have said about it being sort of neutered (maybe no one used that exact word) compared with what those songs could have been, and are, live. Except maybe How to Disappear which is pretty much perfect on the record and doesn't necessarily get better live, though I like it live.

Oh, but I agree that Amnesiac's singles are quite superb. Can't deny that. Plus, I've always had a thing for Packt Like Sardines.

Except National Anthem and Idioteque live, right? Much as I love Kid A I have started to agree with what some have said about it being sort of neutered (maybe no one used that exact word) compared with what those songs could have been, and are, live. Except maybe How to Disappear which is pretty much perfect on the record and doesn't necessarily get better live, though I like it live.

live is a completely different animal... I'm just taliking studio versions here, but yes, I think the strongest single off of Kid A is How To Disappear...

I'm just saying IMO as an album, Amnesiac isn't as complete an experience as Kid A but it has better singles than Kid A...

I Might Be Wrong, Pyramid Song, You And Whose Army? > anything on Kid A...

Everything in its right place, The National Anthem, How To Disappear Completely, Optimistic, Idioteque, Motion Picture Soundtrack > Every song on Amnesiac

Pull/Pulk Revolving Doors (wank)
Knives Out (sounds like a Radiohead tribute band)
Like Spinning Plates (sooooooooooooooooooooooo much better live...I've heard it for myself; I know)
Life In A Glasshouse (just don't like it, can't really tell you why)

Plus, Hunting Bears and the demo version of Morning Bell, while not bad, really break up the flow of the album.

Agree with you here on most points.

Knives Out is average at best, only enjoyable when watching the video for it.
Life IN A Glasshouse, nothing really magical about it.
Hunting Bears and Morning Bell don't add anything.....

But....

Pulk/Pull Revolving Doors is brilliant, Radiohead should've made more songs like this.

Like Spinning Plates (studio) is still downright awesome, live or not. It's just phenomenal.

This album should have has Kinetic and Fog on it....it really should've....oh it frsutrates me how good it could have been. Disappointing track selection by the Radioheaders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom