RA D IOHE_AD "IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part EI8HT...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, sounds a bit like Analyse.

It's also got a lot of Thom-wails, not sure if I like it yet.

Fuck yes!

Didn't they have a few songs left over from the In Rainbows sessions also?

no, they recorded everything and everything was released. hence the bonus disc. :wink:

Ed just said they started working on new material

some recent developments :wink:

New songs are already in the works, though they are still just “on guitars,” says Jonny Greenwood. He only hints that the songs explore “absurd musical ideas.” “When you hear Thom and Jonny in the soundcheck and they’ve come up with something and start playing it, it’s good to hear,” said O’Brien.

The process of finding the right instruments for the songs will soon begin. Greenwood would like to even throw a banjo into the mix, but said he gets “level looks” from his bandmates whenever he brings it out. “There’s a ban on banjos,” said Colin Greenwood. Jonny: “What’s interesting to me is very old technologies like orchestras and pianos and things and how they meet modern recording and treatment techniques”.

In the meantime, Yorke — who said he still considers the album “the most satisfying format” — has already envisioned the next innovation to deploy when they have new music to release. “Let’s leave it on the street corner with a little sign,” Yorke jokes as excitement sweeps over his face. “Now that’s a good idea! I like that idea. With a little photo on the Web: ‘It’s here.’ A couple of clues. A little doggie bag.”

Radiohead are set to record new material when the tour ends in October. Ed O’Brien told the BBC: “It’s the life blood of what we do, it’s the thing that keeps you going”

The band ends their tour in Tokyo, Japan in October and will head back to the studio shortly after. Ed: “Because by the end of the tour, you’re bored of what you’re playing. You need more life and energy and the only way to do that is writing new songs.”
Sadly for fans, O’Brien won’t be pushed on when the new songs are likely to be unveiled. He said: “It could be five years, it could be the end of this year, it’s whether it’s any good, that’s the point. We’ve just got to do it and see if it’s any good.”

Oh, okay. There were song title on the board like "Burn the Witch" or "Pig's Ear" or whatever in addition to track titles that ended up on the album that added to my confusion. Thanks for clearing that up.

I've always enjoyed Thom's humor. :lol:

Fuck, I love whatever Jonny Greenwood records. Let me say that right now. Bodysong and the There Will Be (Motherfuckin') Blood soundtracks are two of my favorite albums right now.

It's a little early to be drooling over a new album.

Even for you, Xavi.

GollumntheRingcopy.jpg

Okay time for a real review

Got there at 3pm, because the ticket said the gates opened at 4, there was already a few hundred people there, and a few thousands by the time the gates did open (at 6 :censored:). So once we were in there at 6, I got merchandise and all that and then returned to my spot in the second row right in front of where Jonny would be standing. Bat for Lashes started at 7, and though I'd never really heard any of their work before I liked them; very Bjork like, in singing style, looks and dress, someone even called out "I didn't know we were getting a Bjork tribute band", but once they started playing they turned out to be pretty good except the sound was really low and I could hear the people who wouldn't shut up talking behind me throughout the entire set. After that I needed up losing my place because I had to go to the bathroom and ended up a little to the right of Jonny in the third row.

Radiohead came on about 8:20, and started off with 15 Step, quickly followed by Bodysnatchers and then Airbag, and I have to say Airbag was absolutely amazing, I've always thought that song was overrated but after hearing it live it's definitely not, it's actually pretty amazing. bangers & Mash is again another song I liked a lot more live than I ever have the studio version and the section of the crowd I was in really got into it, unlike the rest of the crowd though who mostly kinda sucked, so I'm glad I ended up where I did. Nude and Pyramid Song were naturally brilliant too and Arpeggi wasso amazing. Then it was The Gloaming which I'm not that into but is really great live especially with the ending. Then came the National Anthem which was easily the highlight of the early part of the show, it was just mindblowing and the crowd (where I was) went mad for it. Faust Arp ended up working as a great sing along song for the crowd, then Videotape had some technical problems half way through and when it was sorted out Thom started from exactly were he stopped (mid-sentence) and made the crowd laugh a little. Optimistic and Where I End You Begin were brilliant too and Reckoner was a lot better than it is on the album. The came Everything in its Right Place the song that got me into Radiohead, and again the section I was in absolutely went crazy for it, and half way through the song one of the guys near me looked around and said something like "What the hell is wrong with these people, we're the only ones into it, GET THE HELL INTO IT PEOPLE!". Then came All I Need and then the set was closed with There There, which ended with me getting my ankle injured possibly twisted, during the mosh that started during the second half, but I didn't care it was just too good to stop.

The first encore was easily the highlight of the entire show, starting with an absolutely incredible version of Exit Music, which is easily one their best songs ever; followed by the song that got the best crowd reaction, Jigsaw, I've never seen a crowd go so crazy for a song, it was just absolutely amazing. The came Climbing Up the Walls and Planet Telex, two songs I really didn't expect and they were just mind blowing, the lights during Planet Telex, and then they ended the encore with How to disappear Completely, it's hard to explain how amazing that encore was, it was just out of this world.

The second encore started off with the new song which got a pretty good reaction from the crowd and sounded really good too. Then came You and Whose Army and finally Idioteque which again my section of the crowd went mad for, as it was just so incredible live, one of their best live songs easily and one of the highlights of the show.

So overall it really was an amazing gig, incredibly amazing, possibly the best concert I have ever seen; beating U2 because I was seated for them and beating Arcade Fire because the section of the crowd I was in was a lot better. I can't believe I didn't go to see them both nights, I regret that so much now...then again I am seeing them again in August, can't wait!

WONDERFUL REVIEW! :yippie:

what did i tell ya huh? Amazing, mindblowing, earthmoving show by 5 guys I consider musical geniuses.. I wish I could afford to follow them around cuz I would in a heartbeat but reality sets in and then I wake up. :D

That's great you get to see them again. I would love to.. Where u seeing them at in August?

Any pics?

Wow. Looks like Radiohead went with a new opener at today's show.

Setlist:
01. Reckoner (Thom: “Bonsoir”)
02. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
03. Myxomatosis
04. All I Need (Thom: “Messierus et dames merci!”)
05. Pyramid Song
06. Nude (Thom: “I want to see the people in the top”. House lights are turned on.)
07. There There
08. The National Anthem
09. Faust Arp
10. Videotape
11. No Surprises
12. 15 Step
13. Where I End and You Begin
14. Idioteque
15. Everything in its Right Place (Thom lets himself fall on the front off the stage. Then sits himslef down during the song)
16. Street Spirit (Fade out)
17. Bodysnatchers

Encore1:
18. House of Cards
19. Talk Show Host (False start. Started again after one minute)
20. Exit Music (For A Film)
21. Jigsaw Falling Into Place
22. Karma Police

Encore2:
23. Bangers and Mash (Thom: If you don’t know this song then just dance. Or laugh at my drumming.” Jonny fell over at the end of song)
24. Planet Telex (Thom: Merci tout le monde. Bonne nuit”)

niccceeeeeeeeeeeeee set list! :ohmy:

Talk Show Host! :drool: :hyper:

I am have been listening to Paris 2 (6/10) today and its premium quality, best boot I have ever heard. Anyone who can get to DIME...go and get it!:up:

niccceeeeeeeeeeeeee set list! :ohmy:

Talk Show Host! :drool: :hyper:

I am have been listening to Paris 2 (6/10) today and its premium quality, best boot I have ever heard. Anyone who can get to DIME...go and get it!:up:

i have no good boots of this tour yet.
i'd love to hear that.

could you forward me the show in mp3/mp4 form?

pretty please? :flirt:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom